STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Dread

I want a job that doesn't leave me dreading Monday mornings.

I want a boss who is not a drama llama, does not resign quarterly, and who can go away from the office without me dreading his return.

I never want to be the coworker or employee that leaves others dreading my return from absences.

Mostly, I just want to put these things on record so I can remember why I'm working so hard to make things different.

9 comments:

C. Beth said...

Hope you enjoy the last couple of days of his vacation!

Unknown said...

It is a special gift from the Monday fairy, no boss. WhooHoo!

Betty W said...

Maybe it would be worth it to look for a different job, even if it pays less. Your "nerves" (speak soul) are more important than money... :)

Rebecca Jo said...

"I never want to be the coworker or employee that leaves others dreading my return from absences."

I have a co-worker that when she's gone, we CELEBRATE & I always say I pray no one celebrate when I'm gone like that...

CiCi said...

I hope you get all those things you wish for to make your workplace environment doable.

christine said...

I completely understand how you must feel. I retired early at 52 because the new headteacher was impossible to work with, such a cowardly action, you may think, but, that's when I applied for a place and uni, and the last three years have been soooooo happy.

Lifeofkaylen said...

Is there any job that doesn't make you dread Monday mornings? Even when I had a job that I just LOVED, I still felt unhappy about work every Sunday evening.

I have to admit that I do love it when my manager is out of town. I don't hate her at all, but it's just ...different... when she's gone. Less stressful.

Crayotic Ramblings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toriz said...

*Hugs*