STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sticking my (STD) foot in my mouth

You may have read about my STD yesterday. Chances are, however, that you read it much later than I posted it. This has been a recurring issue for me - I post something and then hours later it actually shows up in anyone's blog readers. My STD post took almost four full hours to make its way out into the world.

You know you're a failure when you can't even successfully spread herpes.

In a moment of frustration, I tweeted @Blogger seeking assistance. One of my favorite tweeters, @rklau from the Blogger team, responded. If only I would forward him my blog url and feed url, he would gladly take a look.

There are two reasons I like him, by the way. The first (and main reason) is that he always responds to my questions that I fear will never be heard out in the darkness, usually with very specific and helpful information. The second is that his Twitter avatar leads me to believe he might be sorta cute.

So of course as soon as I sent him the information he needed, the post magically showed up in my Google Reader. My joy was short-lived when I realized "I've just sent the cute Blogger guy to my blog - and my entry today is announcing that I have an STD."

Oh. No. I. Didn't. Except that I totally did.

In a panic, I replied to him one last time:
Ok, thanks so much for taking a look. And I don't really have an STD. bc now I'm kinda mortified..."

He never replied to that. Probably because he never noticed the specifics of my post. So now he thinks I'm just some random scary girl sending him messages about STDs.

I'll never hear from him again, I'm sure. In fact, I'll be lucky if Twitter doesn't suspend my account for being a skanky sex spammer.

P.S. The delay of my blog (and apparently others because contrary to my beliefs, it isn't all about me) reaching Google Reader is some known communication issue between the two that they're working on. Umm, dude, Google owns both Blogger and Reader. Surely someone knows someone that can fix this?

17 comments:

Lyndsay said...

That is quite possibly one of the funniest things ever and something I could only imagine happening to me ...

Sassy Britches said...

And I betcha he's reading this post right now...mwaaahahahahaa!

Intense Guy said...

Now I'm going to go to tweeter and look at avatars. :)

I'm sure @rklau thinks you are a laugh a minute and lots of fun - skanky hoe toe or not.

The Wife O Riley said...

You never know, he might like that.

Lizze said...

*rotflmao*

I so needed this!

I'm sorry you scared off the hot Blogger tech guy(HBTG). But at least he was informed before his foot became involved with your foot. Imagine how awkward that phone call would have been.

C: Yeah, so remember that hot date our feet went on? Your's took mine to that great Italian place?
HBTG: Um, yeah...
C: Well, it turns out that my foot wasn't honest with your foot and well, I'm really sorry HBTG...
HBTG: .....
C: ...myfoothasherpes...
HBTG: *click*

See? Awkward all around. Best that he knows now.

(BTW Sorry about the crazy comments lately. I've been in a really strange mood.)

Carolyn said...

That was too funny. And kind of Seinfeld-esque if I do say so. Thanks for the laugh. Just over from SITS.

blognut said...

I hate blogger sometimes.

It took 2 whole weeks for a couple of new blogs I added to show up in my reader.

sherri said...

"You know you're a failure when you can't even successfully spread herpes." BAHAHAHAHAA!

I hate to be one to laugh at others' calamaties, but BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

One of the funniest things I've read in a long time!
Sorry.

Toriz said...

Hope you didn't scare away the cute guy. ;)


Also... Didn't you know that people in the same work force don't communicate? I expect they send e-mails and forget to send them. Either that or they rely on posts on blogs that need to show up on the Google reader, and the posts take so long to show up that they've all gone home before they know someone posted something. Has to be something like that. ;)

Toriz said...

That should have said "and forget to check them"

Strange Mamma said...

"Thanks for taking a look"

"I don't really have and STD"

Maybe he just thinks you meant to tweet that to someone else and he's too embarrassed to tell you he got it instead of whoever 'took a look' at your 'std' for you.

Moxie said...

I find this happening with EVERYONE'S blogs. Tova's, your's, both of my friends, etc. I think everyone is having this problem. D:

What if, some how secretly, the Hot Shirtless Runner Guy was said cute Blogger Team member. Then he realizes, "Woah, that girl Cate is Hot Girl Who Watches Me Run Shirtless. OMG SHE HAS A STD?"

Then, and only then, you can join the Bad Luck Team, which includes me and my "broken skull", which everyone assumes that is my real one...

Grand Pooba said...

oh cate, you are my hero!

Loved the spreading herpes failure bit!

Margaret said...

LOL!
Cute guy maybe has a foot fetish and will be back to read you often.

silver star said...

Who knew STD's could be so funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Wonder what hot Blogger guy thought? Oh, well...

I'm having the same issues with posting on my blog. I agree, the "explanation" is a bit strange considering, but I'm not technical so maybe it makes perfect sense.

Tina said...

I've been having the same problems as you. No, not the STD problem, but the blogger/reader problems. Thanks for letting us know the issue...