STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Meet Gwen

Bloggy friends, meet Gwen. Gwen, meet my bloggy friends. You'll be seeing quite a bit of each other in the near future.

Gwen is my brand-spanking new BlackBerry Tour. Joe's had a BlackBerry Storm since early in the year but that thing hates me. And, really, the feeling is quite mutual. Still, the idea of having access to my email and data was quite alluring.

Finally he threatened called a rep a "black-haired b!tch" sweet-talked someone into letting me upgrade a month ahead of schedule. BOOYAH!

And now, rather than constantly refer to "my BlackBerry", I just call her Gwen. She's my new BFF - she'll keep me company at doctor's appts (two this week alone!) and while sitting at work when the interwebz are down.

Gwen has already been delivering email to some of you on my behalf. And my Twitter pals have made her acquaintenance over the weekend while I set up all her awesomeness.

She'll also be going on vacation with us - hope Joe doesn't mind the third wheel! Of course, he brought her into our lives so I guess he'll have to make nice. No doubt he'll be bringing Bart (his Storm) so it's only fair!

So everyone say hello to Gwen. She's a wee bit sexier than my other tech device from last week, right? Let's make her feel welcome.

This is not a paid advertisement.

26 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Hello Gwen! Nice to make your acquaintance.

C. Beth said...

What would mke her even sexier is if you wear her around your neck!

Melissa B. said...

Nice to meet ya, Gwen! Which reminds me...my contract just expired, and I need to investigate phone options. Please let us know if Gwen is a good friend or not. Listen, I'm passing some bloggy bling your way this morning...I'd be ever so happy if you stopped by to have a look!

mzbehavin said...

I want one.... ( no real comment this morning.... just a whine...)

Dr.John said...

You want me to say hello to a mechanical device and make it welcome? You really do?
OK! Welcome Gwen. It's nice to meet you.

Annelie said...

Hello Gwen!

Rochelle said...

Yes, no denim overalls for Gwen! Very sexy.

Juniper Saltus said...

I.Am.Jealous.

I currently have the 8900, myself. And I love it. Don't know how I ever survived withough my BB!!

Let us know how you like your tour once you get to know it a little better!

Juniper Saltus said...

*without

Haven't had my coffee, yet.

Tiffany said...

Howdy Gwen!!! So nice to meet you! I'm personally not into Blackberrys but it's cool if you swing that way! lol Glad you like your new "friend"!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Hola Gwen! It is a pleasure to meet you! You are one Hot Cell!
Have a ♥Lovely♥ Day with Gwen!!
I know I having a great one everyday with my iPhill(iphone) =)

larkswing said...

lol! Gwen is the bomb -ok, I know, old school, but considering my moving up to a laptop would an advancement in technology for me, you just gotta take it. hehe

betty said...

welcome Gwen! you look very nice! what a nice addition you will be to the house of Cate and Joe!!

(any chance Bart and Gwen might get together?? make sure they practice "safe phone" so you don't have baby blackberries around)

betty

Lora said...

hi gwen!

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

OOO - she's a beauty! Def share your thoughts on her once you get to use her more.

Call Me Cate said...

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming! I'm sure after awhile some of you (esp on Twitter) will want to take Gwen away from me. Or Joe will want to take Gwen away from me. Too bad, she's here to stay!

Quilly said...

If Gwen and Bart get together and have babies, could you sell them to those of us who can't afford the first generation models?

Drahdrah said...

Hello Gwen.. nice to meet you ! Funny post !

Toni said...

My contract is up for a new phone. Would you recommend Blackberry? I used my MiL's a few times and wasn't really a fan of the keys. Too small. Did you have a full keyboard phone previously? I'm just so full of questions.

Robynbeth said...

Gwen is hot.

Now, I must think of a name for my Blackberry. I basically call it "my life".

Grand Pooba said...

Well, I don't know what to think now that you've chosen Gwen over me as your new bff. I'll tell you one thing, Gwen will never be able to share a bottle of wine with you!

Renata said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who names inanimate objects. :)

Moxie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Gwen! I'd kill to be you, girl! :)

Wouldn't it be so cool to be a Blackberry? "Hi, I'm a kick butt piece of technology. I am so freaking awesome!"

silver star said...

My Blackberry doesn't like Blogger, so I hope Gwen is better than that.

blognut said...

Welcome, Gwen. How very nice to meet you.

TMC said...

Wow. I've really been out of the loop. I thought Gwen was your herpes-riddled toe.

Go figure.