STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, February 26, 2010

"Seedless" Orange

Yesterday, I demanded to know WHY there was a seed in my seedless orange.

Just ONE seed. It's not like the orange was maliciously misfiled under seedless when it was truly a tangerine or something. (Note: I was going to say naval but then I wasn't sure if it was a navel orange or a naval orange and one of them is military and one is belly buttons and neither one made any sense when it came to oranges.)

I'm not sure what that stupid seed was doing in my orange but it definitely had something to do with wrecking my day.

Also, I wish I could embed this video but this chick found my "seedless" orange's cousin, "Trail Mix". Check it out.

7 comments:

C. Beth said...

I love those little Clementines ("Seedless! Easy to peel!") and when I gave The Engineer one with the promise of awesome seedlessness, his had ELEVEN SEEDS in it. Seriously.

I think it's "navel" because on the end of the orange it has what looks like a belly button. My mom assures me this is true.

Autumn said...

HAHA!!!! LOVE the video!!! I was born in Florida so I use that excuse to be VERY picky about my oranges and I really HATE seeds in the seedless oranges. (And I'm dying to know how they make more of those, no seeds means no more plant right? Makes sense to me! And yet the shelves at the grocery store are lined with them!)

I also use the Florida excuse for why I hate and refuse to eat California oranges and grapefruits!

Autumn said...

And yes it's navel because it looks like a belly button (take it from the Florida girl, not google....even if it says I'm wrong I'm not, I'm never wrong.) :P Haha

Donnetta said...

I call for a complete ban on the not-so-seedless oranges!

Unknown said...

Perhaps it was the most perfect orange and in order to make sure other perfect oranges existed, it spontaneously grew a seed. So maybe it was actually a miracle! (Yeah, probably not.)

Nessa said...

I am so sorry you had to bear such tragedy in your life yesterday. I will pray you never must suffer so again.

One Single Impression - Insomnia

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

It was there for you to start your own tree if you so desired. I guess you didn't.

Cute video...amazing that kids came up with that.
~M