STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reason #185663 To Love My Husband

The man gives me a 3 minute warning.

Tuesday night, we had invited two of his co-workers (they're married, to each other, and Canadian even) over for dinner at our home. I had never met them before and these situations tend to make me feel insanely a teensy bit anxious.

Knowing that I would be a smidge nervous about their arrival, he actually sent me the following text:
incoming: 3 min away
Three entire minutes to down some vodka take a chill pill powder my nose. Maybe it's not so much that he sent the warning that is to be loved, but rather the fact that he knew I would be in a frame of mind that would make such a warning helpful.

Either way, I think I'll keep him around.

13 comments:

jabblog said...

Aww, bless him - his heart's in the right place.

Annelie said...

Joe is made of awesome!

CiCi said...

Nice of him to send the alert and nice of you to fix the dinner! You work as a team.

Unknown said...

BUT does he carry around an extra chill pill in his wallet wrapped in a tissue for those "just in case" moments?

yeah, he probably does.

because he's almost as awesome as tonya.

almost.

<3 andrea

soulbrush said...

roflol if mine only gave me 3 mins, i think i would strangle him!mind you, mine only ever writes one word in his texts!

Juniper Saltus said...

How sweet of him. It is so nice when they remember things like that.

Grand Pooba said...

Hahaha, he knows you well! He's a keeper

Nessa said...

He is very thoughtful and funny, too.

RnPB Chapter 012

C. Beth said...

That is awesome. And how did it go?

Margaret said...

That is really sweet of him to do that and try to help you out.

TMC said...

I probably would've suggested we eat out but his warning text was good thinking.

Jeanie said...

Great that he knows you so well and is thoughtful about what he knows.

Donnetta said...

Awwww! What a sweet Joe! I think you should definitely keep him. :)