STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Disconnected

I feel over-medicated this morning. Like the grogginess that comes from cold medication. More accurately, I feel emotionally disconnected, mentally detached.

It's the opposite of how I usually feel when I'm overwhelmed. I have a million things to do in the next few days and no idea where to start.

I'm behind. I haven't touched Six Word Saturday. I'm not writing my posts the night before. I haven't helped people with things I promised to look at for them.

Work moved up a major deadline. Instead of having ample time to research and make my recommendations on a project, I now have to submit it by COB on Friday. This project is massive - and the direction it takes will essentially decide how much longer I decide to remain employed here.

A personal project is also on the cusp of launching. This one has been months, maybe even years in the making. And the idea of sending that baby out into the wild finally is exciting and terrifying all at once.

I haven't yet processed events from this past weekend. In addition to the strange family goodness, Joe and I seem to be making some progress on some issues that have been hanging over us for years.

So there's a lot on my mind, a lot on my to-do list, a lot a lot a lot. And all while in some foggy removed state of brain that seems to nullify any sense of urgency I might use to propel myself onward.

Something just has to give this week and it looks like it's going to have to be blogging activities. Wish me luck and please excuse my absence.

13 comments:

C. Beth said...

Take as much time as you need, Cate! I can understand the grogginess at a time like this--so much for you to process all at once. I hope the rest of the week ends up being smooth and efficient for you.

Cindy said...

You are certainly excused. Good luck working it all out!

mo.stoneskin said...

I fully expect you to get through this week with flying colours, take whatever time off you need girl.

And when you do send that baby out into the wild just be careful, watch out for umbilical bits.

Nessa said...

Take your time. The bloggy world certainly isn't the most important one.

I felt under water all during January. Thank God it went away.

Dam

silver star said...

We'll find a way to survive without you. Good luck with everything!

Eternal Lizdom said...

When you need time, take time.

As for too much to do... I always say... start at the beginning. Take it one thing at a time. Focus on the task at hand rather than all of the deadlines and things to come.

Betty W said...

Just remember, your bloggy friends are here to support you. Take your time and we´ll be there when you get back and need to vent... :)
Good luck with your project!

blognut said...

I'd be more worried about you if you didn't let the blog go sometimes. You have to live - you have to work - and you should not be a slave to your blog. :)

Brenda Susan said...

You are cheerfully excused! Do not even think about bloggy stuff when you have real-life stuff to do! Do one thing at a time & the list will dwindle down before you know it. May you have some extra joy thrown in there too!!

Donnetta said...

Hi! Touching base after a LONG absence!! Wishing you and your "baby" luck! Take whatever you need.

gorriĆ³n said...

It's totally ok. We have all had those times. Besides, deadlines come and go, but we will still be here week after week to read your blog ...even if you do need a break for a while!

<3

betty said...

wow you do have a lot on your plate and some sounds like it could be good things, but of course some sound icky like that work project. I always tell people blogs come last in the list of priorities and blogs are always here. take the time to do what you need to do and we'll be here when you come back

betty

Mim said...

Relax as much as possible! enjoy if you can - see you when you get back.