STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Twitter Critters

I've met some interesting folks on Twitter. I'm not so much talking about people I've met through my blog and now we all stalk each other throughout the day. I'm talking about people I wouldn't have happened upon if not for Twitter.

A month or so ago, I had a dream about Alan Rickman stealing my nephew. I twittered about my daily post, like I often do, and suddenly there was a response from someone I had never heard of, @artistikem. Turns out she has a constant search running on Alan Rickman and wanted to know why he was stealing babies. Don't we all... Also, she's a writer obsessed with stabbing people. Awesome.

I believe it was through her that I may have met one @dpringle. Interesting dude and he's living a life full of things of interest to me - guitars and photography. I've also converted him to a faithful follower at my church of #BOOYAH. Except for those days that are more #ANTI-BOOYAH.

Then someone else started following me, @religionbites. I have to sheepishly admit that it took me much longer than it should've to realize that she and @dpringle are, in fact, mates. For realz, yo.

These last three are part of the "creative bunch" I referred to in my post on Monday.

Also stalking me on Twitter completely outside the realm of bloggers is @slanket. I do so love my Slanket. And @slanket loves me too!

Another person who randomly messaged me based on a search (this time Harper's Island) was @seansmoma. She hooked me up with early viewings of the show when the suspense was just too much. And tonight, it came full circle when she mentioned Alan Rickman.

These are just a few of the people I spend the day poking back and forth at that I never would've "met" without Twitter. Check them out, lots of fun!

Also, @dpringle suggested my topic for this post because I had absolutely nothing. Sometimes, it's just like that. If you want the full Cate experience, check me out on Twitter - it's the truest representation of the crazy in my head.

Lastly, here's a giant inflatable giraffe. Which has nothing to do with anything but I felt like sharing.

15 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

I think I am the only person who is not on Twitter or Facebook. Just a blogger!

2cats said...

I don't know how to twit. DOes that make me a twit? And I have never been to Facebook or myspace.

blognut said...

Heh. Inflatable giraffe.

C. Beth said...

Comedy Goddess & 2cats--Oh, Twitter is so worth it!! And so easy. And Cate is a fantastic Tweeter; she responds when no one else does. :) #BOOYAH!

Moxie said...

Comedy Goddess- I do not have a twitter either. Don't feel bad.

Moxie said...

Nevermind, I just got a twitter, and C. Beth was right, it IS incredibly easy!

Mr. Condescending said...

im newer to twitter but it really seems a lot more fun than I thought!

mo.stoneskin said...

As a follower of yours who is being very poor on Twitter I'm not sure quite what to say. If only I had been following more diligently...

Margaret said...

I can't even remember my Twitter user name or password. I just can't think of anything I do interesting enough to tweet all through the day.

Unknown said...

colour me stOOpid.

i never knew @religionbites and @dpringle were mates.

how romantic.

and i love listening to you all day long.

now that i'm gaining more strength in my frigged up thumb, i shall be able to twitter more easily.

i forgot to click on the inflatable giraffe.

must go.

andy

Unknown said...

i need to get a slanket.

for realz.

andy

Toriz said...

I'm glad you've met some nice people through Twitter, but I'm not interested in it. Nor am I interested in Facebook or any of the other sites like them (despite what people seem to think judging by all the invites I get to join them or add them on this that or the other).

silver star said...

Love the giraffe, and your tweets.

Toni said...

Aww, I feel all special now that you mentioned me in your blog! :)

Harper's Island and Alan Rickman. Very healthy obsessions I must say!

Dee said...

I'm following you now.

Weird. I'm a sean'smomma too.