STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Overcome

Sometimes, I am completely overcome with the urge to create. Over the years this has taken many different forms - food, crafts, photos, music, stories, designs, communities.

I'm feeling more image-driven right now I think. I'm obsessed with striking images. I want to capture them with my camera, display them on my walls. Design sites around them.

It's always exciting to me when you keep company with folks who inspire you. I tend to group people in my mind and the "creative bunch" I interact with on Twitter has really fed me lately. It makes me want to put something back out there that makes me feel the same.

So rather than my usual trick of spending all of my time hung up on the "how" and "should I?", I'm just going to do it. I'll admit I did start a bit with the "how" because I needed to find and organize my tools (hence Saturday's six words). But now I'm ready to go.

If anything interesting comes together, you may just see it here. And don't worry - no cat hair mosaics. I promise.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

C. Beth said...

Oh, that's very exciting (from one creative girl to another!)

Everyday Goddess said...

I love Joseph Campbell's advice: Follow your bliss!

Good for you!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

What is this "inspiration" you talk of? I need more of that.

Have fun with the new project(s)!

blognut said...

I was actually looking forward to the cat hair mosaics.

The Wife O Riley said...

I get that too. You will do fantastic at anything you choose.

mo.stoneskin said...

If I don't create I really suffer, feel stifled and frustrated. That's ultimately why I started blogging. Look forward to seeing your stuff!

TMC said...

sounds intriguing. or confusing. whatevs.

Eric said...

And what's wrong with mosai... oh, cat hair, right...

Grand Pooba said...

No cat hair? What's the fun in that?

Betty W said...

Can´t wait to see what you´ll come up with!

Moxie said...

If you need any help finding your creative side, email me. My email is on my profile.

I absolutely HATE having creative withdraws, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Unknown said...

i think everything you touch turns to awesome so have at 'er.

on top of everything else i'm trying to get back into drawing.

sometimes i get too much of my good ol' self critical evaluation, though.

blah.

andy

Margaret said...

I'd be very interested in seeing what you do...I like to be creative myself every once in a blue moon.

Toriz said...

Good luck with whatever you create. :)