STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Debriefing

Just a quick babble this morning to tie up some loose ends before I tackle another week.

First, yesterday's post (I'd link to it because the interwebz like that kind of thing but that seems complicated this morning so just find it yourself - I mean, it's YESTERDAY's post, it's not that hard). They're all true. Every last one of them. If you'd like to see one explained, leave a comment and I'll see what I can do. A few of them might make decent posts. Or not. I never can quite tell.

I went away this weekend with Joe and had a lovely time Saturday until my dinner rebelled. That man knows the best gift he can give me sometimes is diet ginger ale and Pepto Bismol. First and last time I travel without both. Also, I once sobbed hysterically because airport security took away my little bottle of pink salvation. Why don't they make it in a bottle small enough to pass the liquid ban? (The pill form does nothing for me.)

Last night I was feeling better but we overdid with the white wine. So this morning I'm sitting at my desk drinking diet ginger ale and eating crackers. I'm sure my coworkers think I'm pregnant but nope, just hungover.

LASERS!!! Also, BOOYAH!!!

And now, if one of you would kindly make the room stop spinning on your way out, I need to go do some work.

13 comments:

Lora said...

it could be worse. you could be pregnant but think you're hungover.

trust me on that one.

i learned that the hard way

mo.stoneskin said...

My mum overdid it with white wine saturday night. By that I mean she had two glasses!

Anonymous said...

HAha, what is worse on a Monday than a hangover with a long week glarring at you. Sorry girlfriend! Hopefully the crackers help. Try to get some rest and have a good week.

Unknown said...

OMFG! we can't take pepto on airplanes?

i am never flying again.

my bowels are clenched in fear.

and i would totally make you a laser cake if i knew where you lived;)

andy

Jan Holt said...

I'm whispering this for you:

Hope the world stops spinning for you soon...

Also, I'm trying to support a friend and get the word out about her very sick brother-in-law in hopes we can get some info.

Please visit to help this family.

Hugs,

Jan

Fannyfanackapan said...

Happy Monday! I had a hangover this morning too (Red wine in my case). Hope you are feeling better now.

blognut said...

I once thought I was hungover, and I was pregnant.

Heh.

:)

Claudya Martinez said...

I really could be worse. I Could be standing next to you pointing and laughing, but I'm not. Feel better.

Toriz said...

You actually altered a photo of Rusty to protect his identity? Seriously? LMAO!

sherri said...

Awww...hope you feel better soon.

Rochelle said...

Poor Cate - hope you feel better soon. Too much white wine always makes me feel icky so now I always drink red b/c I can drink a whole bottle and still lead armies into victory the next day...or something similar.

PS - I vote for your "banned from Sears" story!

C. Beth said...

I definitely want to know about being banned from Sears.

AmyK. said...

I don't look at it as "overdoing" it with wine...I just forget to stop drinking. It happens at my age...