STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Six Word Saturday

Six words never felt so inadequate
What a week.  All put in perspective by the earthquake and tsunami yesterday.


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




19 comments:

Mercy said...

I totally agree, my 6WS is also to do with the recent tragedy in Japan. No words can really express the feelings that are experienced after something like this though.

Nikki Brown said...

Yes it's been a very horrible week.
It's heartbreaking.

Unknown said...

Australians have seen Mother Nature at its worst in the last few months with huge floods and cyclones, then we saw the earthquake in Christchurch and now in Japan.

Truly scary stuff and mere words can't describe the devastation

Elaine said...

It's shocking. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the TV.

Bruno Laliberté said...

my 6WS reflects the fact that i had done it in advance, when these events hadn't happened yet... and they're having another worry now, as a first nuclear reactor has exploded...

a noble people with a rich culture, but living on the edge of the knife... let's hope they have the means to deal with such a situation.
:/~
HUGZ

Kathy said...

Yes, I agree with you. Japan's tragedy really puts things in perspective for those of us who may think we have problems. What devastation!

C. Beth said...

That's a very good 6WS post, Cate.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

My post yesterday was about how selfish I was because I got mad about my fast food order being wrong. It only took a moment to remember Japan, and I was so ashamed.

You are so right...and even 600 words would be inadequate...there are just no words to describe it.

Praises from a Wife and Mommy! said...

Heartbreaking day yesterday!

Linda said...

So very true Cate. It is such a sad thing to watch. I think we all need to live the way we should...because we never know from one day to the next what will happen!

Six Word Saturday is one of the ways we can share with each other...even if it's just six words...we are still connecting with others!

Thanks for linking us together!
You're great! Have a good day.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Kathe W. said...

Oh yes! Mother Nature has a way of reminding us just what is really important. Good six words!

Toriz said...

This has been quite a week!

21 Wits said...

Not so sure what is happening in this world ...what in the world have we done? To deserve all this for them? I shut the news off and locked myself away for a bit to get this off in time!

Toni said...

Very true. It's humbling to think of how little control we have over things.

Rachel said...

Definitely a rough week.

Bethe77 said...

Thank you for the six words or less I think this is going to be one of my favorites to visit on Saturdays. it is so much fun!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

I have to agree it's been so hard to find the words for the tragedy of this earthquake. What a devastating week!

Amanda said...

I couldn't agree with your 6 words more!

Susan in SC said...

so true