STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Six Word Saturday

How many times do YOU count?

I'm referring, of course, to your 6WS entries.  We discussed this briefly on Twitter yesterday and it's amazing how many of us count and recount and count again.  The best answer probably came from @mstacer:
@Seansmoma six times, obviously. @showmyface #jazzhands
If you want to understand the REST of that? Join me on the twitter.


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




19 comments:

Autumn said...

I count on my fingers as I come up with the phrase I want to use for 6WS. I usually only need to count once, but it's something I put a lot of thought into. Once I figure out what six words I want to use, I spend at least a full day writing the blog post in my head before I type it out.

There are of course exceptions. Today's post (on my blog) took me all of 20 minutes to come up with.... helps when you have powerful motivation though :)

Happy 6WS,
~Autumn

21 Wits said...

Well yes you've found my secret hidden habit. I am a counter....mostly of numbers (like on license plates or what ever...but it does slide over to other things sometimes...I think it goes back to my mother handing me #2 pencil written college lined notebook paper every day during the summer, one side adding the other subtracking...no playing outside until both sides were complete....yes math was ^%$#@!

Bruno Laliberté said...

first timer here, all because i noticed this on Karen S.' blog and i like the idea. i do things my way, as you'll notice if you do visit. i like comments on my blog and i answer them ALL promptly. do as you please.
:)~

Elaine said...

I usually just need to count once when I have written it down. However, I've usually thought about it for a while, trying to figure out how to say what I want in just six words

Jazzbumpa said...

I only count words one time.

Writing Haiku helps; ditto playing music.

Cheers!
JzB

Lisa said...

I'm a counter. It's one way that I pass time when I walk. So suffice it to say I counted my words and those in all the posts I commented at least twice.

Kathe W. said...

Usually it isn't hard to come up with six words once I have chosen the image, but I had to "cheat" a bit this weekend as we are outta town and I refused to bring my laptop so I have to play 6 Word Saturday using my last A Snap a Day post and adding six word's to the photo....and even then I am "cheating" as my sentence is technically seven words....but I want to play! Have a great weekend everyone! Now I must go read all the other posts! Cheers.

Linda said...

I know what I want to say and then I sometimes have to count a couple of times to fit it into just six words.

Happy Saturday Cate!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

annies home said...

how funny that question pondered seems to me because each time I participate it does take about 6 times LOL

-Hynz- said...

I heart it!! I pondered for a few minutes before I came up with mine.. (",)

I'm a new follower btw!!

Toni said...

You're about to see some OCD!

I count my Six Words. Then I count the first Three Words and the next Three words. (Because Three plus Three equals Six.) Then I count the first Two Words, the next Two Words and the last Two Words. (Because Two plus Two plus Two equals Six.) Then I count the Six Words. Then when it publishes I do it all again! Hehe. BTW, you totally stole this! ;) #Jazzhands

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

...a few times, and usually using my fingers to do it!

Unknown said...

I have been a "counter" all my life.
My dad counted, too. One time when he was in the hospital (intensive care for a heart attack/surgery) and I went in to see him, the first things he told me was the number of holes in each tile over his head!

I begin thinking about my 6 words right after posting the Saturday post! Then I'm constantly counting to make sure I do 6. I need to get a life, but I'm so enjoying this one.
Dianne @
http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/

Gamma Sharon said...

Yep, I count a lot. Like Autumn in jeans, for 6WS and at work... etc!
Hope you day is a great one!
Thanks for 6WS!

amanda said...

I count on my fingers and if I'm tired, I use my finger to point to each word. :)

Toriz said...

If I play... Usually just once!

Margaret Ann said...

Have to count...numerous times "Lots to say...so few words!" :)

Mercy said...

My first time joining, so please stop by. I lost count of how many times I counted. It was my first time I didnt wnt vto fail completely and appear a goose LOL

Jazzbumpa said...

I always count on my fingers.

Cheers!
JzB