STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Writing

Prompt: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?

The first answers that came to mind were activities like television (which has already cut way back), my job (resigned already), and my classwork (no, can't eliminate that until next week). But then I realized that those things don't really keep me from writing.

The number one thing I do that doesn't contribute to my writing is the self-doubt. It's not good enough. It's not creative enough. Who am I to think I can write anything worth reading? And, of course, the self-doubt reaches far beyond just writing.

Can I eliminate it? I'm trying. I'm even making progress. Whether or not I can conquer it completely remains to be seen.

6 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Here's a big cheer to stopping that self doubt train... looking forward to reading more of your words throughout reverb10~

My First Reverb10post.

C. Beth said...

You do a lot of writing...so I wonder if maybe you doubt yourself less than you think you do? I guess I'm doubting the extent of your self-doubt. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and I don't even know you. But, hey that's never stopped me from reading it (or speaking out of turn). I don't think any of us out here in blogland expect you to be perfect. As a matter of fact, it the 'real thing' that keeps us coming back and reading your blog everyday. So, just be you. It's all good.

Toriz said...

That's the main thing that keeps me from writing too. I can write with the TV on - and even sort of keep track of the programme while writing - I can write with music on, and I can write with other noise happening in the background. But my doubts about whether or not my writing is worthwhile, or if I should just not bother writing anything... That's why I don't write as much as I both want or should.

Isabella said...

Hopefully with the reduction in drama-llamaness and stress your writing will come back out to play.

:)

Kimmy said...

Good luck on working on the self doubt. You have lots of followers so I think you do a fabulous job on writing and getting people to want to hear what you have to say! Keep it up!!