STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Esteem

Earlier this morning, chatting while watching last night's episode of The Sing-Off...
me: why are panels of judges always 'esteemed'?
SomeMonkey: bc it's a vague term and "talented" and "successful" are not
Ahh, good point. Though, I expect nothing less from SomeMonkey.

I think it would be more entertaining if panels of judges were steamed instead. Sitting out there at their table with product-placement soft drinks (spiked during the commercial breaks), completely aggravated and hating life. Hmm, now that I think about it, that's not so far off probably.

And, a bit o' #reverb10:

Day #10 Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? - Susannah Conway (@photobird)

Without a doubt, the wisest decision I made this year was to start making myself a priority. Blah blah again about resigning from my job but the first step was deciding to go back to school. I took a really aggressive approach and it's almost done now but even when I was stressed or feeling overwhelmed, I loved it. It felt amazing to be in a focused learning frame of mind for the past few months.

Now, to figure out how to sustain that into the new year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have so much more happy since you put yourself first. Great move indeed.

21 Wits said...

No I believe in what you did, and I lvoe to hear it over and over, BECAUSE there are so many more of us out there that could benefit from taking better care of ourselves. If we fall apart, how can we tend to those we love! Right on sister! (hate that phrase too, but it's so right what you did!!!!!!!!! Our time here on earth is far toooooooo short!!! ;)

Toriz said...

Hmm... Seems to me your description of how judges should be describes Simon Cowel. ;)