STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Let Go

Day #5 Prompt: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? - Alice Bradley (@finslippy)

This year, I let go of putting myself last. Instead, I grabbed onto the idea of making my own decisions, perhaps consulting others for input, and then making my own choice.

It's why I went back to school. It's why I pushed to work part-time. It's why I ultimately walked from my job. I always thought that being married to an over-achiever meant he should come first and I should support him. I had to let go of the idea that what was best for us was for me to be employed and making money in an environment that was making me miserable. And I had to let go of the idea that he wouldn't support me.

I let go of thinking I'll never be happy and started actively looking for myself again. And next year, I really hope I find me.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

I agree, we can't always put ourselves last or always put ourselves first. There needs to be some sort of healthy balance to be happy and to have good relationships.

Toriz said...

I hope you find you next year too!