STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Moment

Day #3 Prompt: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). - Ali Edwards (@aliedwards)

Yes, I'm a few days behind. Yay finals!

The date: November 29, 2010.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and took one last look before heading to the elevator. Down it crept, so slowly. Around the corner and heading for the exit, I imagine it's how a runner feels at the end of the marathon when they see the finish line. Finally! A huge smile across my face and I felt lighter than I had in many years. It was all I could do not to skip across the parking lot.

As I drove away, I didn't look back. No last glance in the rear view mirror. Just looking forward, eyes on the road ahead, both literally and figuratively.

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

No looking back. No regrets. Smile. Wonderful!

C. Beth said...

Love it. There can be joy in endings. :)

Toriz said...

You should have skipped... I'd have skipped if I was you. I'd probably have been singing some kind of song - probably badly - that had come in to my head (even if I diddn't know all the words) too.