STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Six Word Saturday

Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does each week with their entries.

heat and humidity make Cate cranky

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit. That way, everyone has equal chance. In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

All that's necessary to participate is to post your own six words. You can post an explanation if you wish but it's certainly not required. If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



20 comments:

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Cannot believe I'm second at Cate's! x

Gamma Sharon said...

Oh I so know how you feel about heat and humidity!

Joy A Cookin' said...

We've not had a lot of heat or humidity in NYC. June seems to be spring one day and summer then next. It keeps us guessing, but I'm ready for the heat!

After a disappointing purchase, exploring What is Wrong with Organic Cooking.

soulbrush said...

i simply hate hate hate humidity, give me freezing cold instead anytime.

Jane in AUSTRALIA said...

Cate,
I am new here but love the thought of this challenge.
I love words.
written and spoken: felt and dreamed.
FYI it is winter down here and I am soo cold.

Jane (hope this works)
janezworld@hotmail.com

Caroline said...

It would make me cranky too. Hope it cools down some.

Caroline

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Cranky Cate, sit by the AC!

Planning a Trip

Betty W said...

For sure. Me TOO!! Crank up the AC, Cate.

brandi said...

~sorry you are suffering from warm weather...today is the first day of sunshine here in what feels like forever...so i welcome the heat...as for humidity...yuck! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Joanie said...

I can't do a link up until I get home from work this afternoon. I can't take the chance of my daughter seeing it until tomorrow. She'll be too busy to get online and see it. You'll see why before long! Geez! All this secrecy... it's nearly killing me!!!

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

Tee-hee, I'd take the heat and humidity right now. We have humid, just not the heat. Oh well.

annies home said...

makes me the same way alot of the time I hear we will have a hot one here today as well

Katherine Krige said...

They are calling for thunderstorms this aft in my part of the world. Humidity is sitting at 79%, so it should be a good storm if it happens. Hope your humidity breaks soon. Ours should break in about September...

Teri said...

I hear you on this humidity. I wonder what people did before AC!

Not sure if I ever said it but thanks for sponsoring the six words.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

hello,
I posted...
Happy SWS.
Thank you for hosting it.

Linda said...

Hi Cate,
Happy Saturday!

I get cranky in the heat too...but especially with the humidity.

But since we can't control either, I guess we will just have to learn how to survive! (:>)

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Toriz said...

I have the exact same problem

I'm Grace said...

I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity I can't take.

Caty said...

it was so hot here today too!

alyssa said...

Hi,

This is Alyssa from SMITH Mag, the creators of the Six-Word Memoir project. We've had more than 250,000 people submit Six-Word Memoirs at smithmag.net and smithteens.com, and we'd love it if your community & fans joined us over at SMITH with your Six Word Saturday's best. Bonus: your six words could be in a future book; we've done five books of Six-Word Memoirs so far.

Thanks,
Alyssa