STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

False Advertising Award

I've been working like a good girl on my marketing classes and so I like to think of myself as an expert I've learned a thing or two. Today, I share some of my expertise with a local company, free of charge.

Dear Local Lawncare Company,

It did not please me to come home last night and find a plastic baggy full of little stones and an advertisement for your company in my driveway. Really, you want to care for my lawn? You want to beautify my neighborhood? And how do you propose to do that, exactly? Because I must say throwing LITTER in my driveway was a lousy start. Braving the heat to pick up the trash you threw from your car because you couldn't be bothered with the effort of taping a flyer to the mailbox or hang something on my front door was unappreciated and doesn't impress upon me that you will put a great effort into caring for my yard.

You suck at effective "advertising" and I wish the City would fine you for it,


And yeah, I sent the same nastygram through their website. Because they made me angry.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you kidding? They took the time to fill a baggy of stones to toss at your house, but they couldn't put the flier in the door like any other good solicitor! You need a beware of vicious dog sign for your yard to keep these bozos away.

Adoption of Jane said...

He sure did throw stones when he had a glass house, didn't he?

blognut said...

I feel the same way when someone sticks an ad under my windshield wiper while I'm getting groceries. Man, that drives me nuts!

Caty said...

Maybe it's cause my yard really needs work, but everytime I get one of those flyers, it makes me feel like they drove by and said, "OMG! That yard is a disaster!" It doesn't make me want to hire them! If I wanted someone, I would use google or the yellow pages :)

Brenda Susan said...

What a pain! They probably thought they were being clever & cute...not!

C. Beth said...

We occasionally get the stone-filled bags too. Don't they know there are people in third-world countries who don't have enough pebbles?!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

ouch! and I bet they paid someone to come up with that idea, too!
hmmm...no one ever throws advertisements in our yard. I assure you it's not because it's perfect, either. They must think we're too far gone...or they realize that no one wants to work THAT hard!!

Grand Pooba said...

I think I like you.

Unknown said...

you should have attached a baggie of poo to your nastygram.

i probably could hook you up with that.

let me know.

<3 andrea

CiCi said...

Did they answer your email? If they own up to it and apologize they may be a good company with a not so good idea.

holly said...

your neck of the woods is so much more advanced than mine. when our solicitors are feeling lazy, they just force children who are much too young to legally work to run up to each porch.

Miss. C said...

I HATE when people do that!! We live in a rural area and they all throw bags of their trash at the end of my driveway!! UGH!! I never read it because I am so frustrated that I have to pick it up!

Toriz said...

Go you!