STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Brief Note to the Universe

Hey Universe -

Remember me? You call me Cate sometimes. Lately, it feels like you only notice me at all when you're trying to ruin my day life.

I recently read a chapter in a book that addressed putting positivity out there so you would reciprocate. Without going into details, I've done that this morning.

The chapter also said to ask you for something specific. I'm going to start very small. If you'd like to give me a glimmer of hope, you will NOT let the consultants at work schedule a meeting for tomorrow. This girl could really use a mental health day to sort some things out.

Let me know what you can do, okay?

Thanks,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom swears by putting good vibes out there to get good in return. That is one of the reasons why I usually send people good vibes instead of prayers. So consider good vibes sent, there will be no meeting (just imagine me waving my hand Jedi style while saying that...it helps.)

CiCi said...

Hope it works and you get a mental health day.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

We had a so-called "consultant" at my other job a few years ago. What a colossal waste of time and money he was, too! And I could not stand him. I'm getting mad just thinking about it.
!!

C. Beth said...

I hope you get your mental health day!!

Unknown said...

i tried to do that too...once, i asked for something real simple: a parking spot at work.

didn't happen.

stupid universe;)

take the day, cate...because you're worth it.

and i said so.

<3 andrea

Caty said...

sometimes, I just run out of good vibes...and those are the times I become a recluse for a day or two (or three)if my work schedule allows it. I hope you get your mental health day.

Rochelle said...

I think you should take your MHD no matter what the Universe says (but don't tell her I said that!). xoxo

Jeanie said...

I hope the universe comes through for you. Here's to positivity.

Toriz said...

Did the universe answer?

Grand Pooba said...

So did it work? I asked for a cup of coffee one time but then as I drove to work I told myself I was being silly and that I couldn't get a fee cup of coffee by just thinking about it.

Then I got to work and a co-worker said, hey, I just about pulled into Starbucks this morning to buy you a coffee but then I thought I better not incase you had already stopped there.

Damn universe!