STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Pardon the Interruption

Please excuse this brief interruption in the "Blogging: How I'm Doing It Wrong" series. Mostly because I just didn't write anything last night.

Instead, I was taking care of other things. One of the many things making my life chaotic right now is that my mother is back in the hospital. For those of you unaware, her appendix burst early last week so they did emergency surgery to remove it and flush out infection. She went home on Thursday (I think) and was fine until Sunday night when she started feeling sick again. Dad took her back to the hospital Monday morning and the doctors confirmed a "pocket of infection" so they've been taking care of that and she should be going home again this morning.

Anyways, as a result, I was talking to my sister last night. Something that doesn't happen nearly as often as it ought to but it's one of those things I'm working on. At one point, Collin (my 2yo nephew) grabbed the phone to tell me his solution to world peace:
Hihihihihihihi! Ablahblahblahblahblah!!! Byebyebyebyebyebye!!!!!!!
Now, I just need to find an interpreter. Anyone out there able to translate toddler-ese?

9 comments:

C. Beth said...

I love toddler babbling! I think he was saying,

"I love you, Aunt Cate! You should quit your job and follow your dreams! You might not achieve world peace but you'd probably achieve Cate peace!"

Yep, that was it.

Anonymous said...

I hope your Mom is feeling better soon! - G

Unknown said...

I am certain that kids are born knowing the meaning of the life, the universe and everything. By the time they can finally tell us so we can understand, they forget.

I approve of Beth's translation!

blognut said...

What Beth said. That is exactly what your nephew meant.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I think Beth has it.

Toriz said...

That's easy... He said, "the solution is simple... World peace wont happen until human beings buck up their ideas and stop squabbling over unimportant things." It just came out shorter with him because his language makes it that way.

Rochelle said...

Hi Cate - I hope your mom is feeling better soon and I believe your nephew said, "You rock auntie!". xoxo

Caty said...

I wish I could help you with the interpretation, but as closely as I work with children, I've still never learned to interpret :) But I'd really like to see the world through their eyes again!

Jeanie said...

I was going to say the he was saying "I love you, Aunt Cate, but I see it has already been said, so now we know it is true.