STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sure Sign of Adulthood

Many people have their own definition of what it means to be an adult. 18? 21? Maybe it's becoming a parent or financial independence. Maybe it's a frame of mind. My buddies at Merriam-Webster define adult as:

Main Entry: a·dult
Pronunciation: \ˈa-ˌdəlt\
Function: noun

1. one that is adult; especially : a human being after an age (as 21) specified by law

I, however, have my own definition.

adult: one who is excited over the installation of three eco-friendly toilets at a price approximately $1000 less than the quote received last week

Welcome to my world.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I felt adult when I had to start hiring other people to do things for me (like re-roofing my house.) Somehow the actual home buying didn't qualify in my mind.

That saved $1000 must feel pretty darn awesome! You are most welcome to spend the money saved to come visit me in the soon-to-be frozen north.

betty said...

LOL, I can so relate!! Sounds like a great deal you got and eco friendly is even better!! have a good day!

betty

21 Wits said...

Actually I wouldn't mind having the one pictured! What a stunning piece of well importance once! Thanks for my morning chuckle! ;)

21 Wits said...

Actually I wouldn't mind having the one pictured! What a stunning piece of well importance once! Thanks for my morning chuckle! ;)

Maude Lynn said...

$100 under quote? Woo hoo!

Susie Clevenger said...

Great buy! It looks like what I grew up with eons ago when I had no inside facilities... :)

C. Beth said...

That is awesome! I bet you can think of much more fun uses of that $1000.

If you'd actually paid the original amount, I guess it would have been like flushing money down the toilet. (But at least the water usage would have been minimal.)

Toriz said...

Interesting definition. LOL!

soulbrush said...

This is totally delicious! I couldn't stop giggling. I felt like an adult when I brought my first crying babay home from the Hospital!!!