STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Great Week

Last week, I had a really great week. My husband was away at a conference, also having a really great week, while I stayed home and focused on reading, writing, and recharging.

I'm pleased with what I accomplished. I (mostly) turned off the tv, shut down twitter, and neglected my email. I finished reading four books, making my goal of 30 for the year, and started two more. I'll finish one of those today or tomorrow. I also painted and made major progress on my book idea. There was also some exercise, meditating, and blogging.

What's this mean? It means, among other things, that I'm going to repeat my little digital vacation from time to time. It also means I'm going to be more in-tune with creating what I want, when I want. As far as what that means for this blog, I'm not sure. It might end up meaning I blog more. It might mean less. It might mean twice on Monday and nothing for the rest of the week. (Six Word Saturdays will remain unchanged.) I might start blogging crazy (-ier than usual) stuff. Or more serious stuff.

I have no idea. The intent for the week wasn't to come out of it with a schedule. It was to really focus on the things I wanted to do, which I did, and which I plan to keep doing.

7 comments:

Bruno Laliberté said...

a turning point for you? those are usually good and self defining.
keep it up!!
:)~
HUGZ

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

I think your "what I want when I want" attitude is right for you! I adopted that concept awhile back with all my online activities and it works well for me. A few friends in a few places were a little disappointed, but sometimes we have to fill our own needs first.

C. Beth said...

That sounds SO awesome.

Unknown said...

Good for you - I think we all need weeks like this

Toriz said...

Sounds like a very successful week to me! :)

AudreyO said...

I'm reading the trilogy The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've read over 1200 pages so far. I love books.

Toni said...

I'm So glad to hear you had a fabulous time! Sounds refreshing!