STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recently Overheard

My Memoir Writing class wraps up this week. One of our assignments over the last ten weeks was to eavesdrop on conversations in public, then rewrite them. Below are some of the things I overheard in public over the past weekend.

OH: (on the bike path) Suuuuuuuuuuuper slow passing on your left!

OH: (at the grocery store) I'm not trying to be difficult. I just want you to read my mind and tell me what I want to hear!

OH: (at the home improvement store) Does the "multiple installation discount" apply to toilets? Even if they're all in separate bathrooms?

What, they still count as "overheard" if I'm the one that said them, right?

7 comments:

betty said...

LOL with your conversations; I have to say the one that made me laugh the most was the one at the home improvement store. That could be an interesting class you took; hope you enjoyed it!

betty

21 Wits said...

Sometimes those voices on walking and bike paths can really SCARE me if they sneak up ever so quietly and then, "ON YOUR LEFT!!!! BAM BAM!!! lol

Kimmy said...

LOL!!! That's funny!! Ya know...it's our own conversations that could seriously crack us up! I know...I'm an example!!

Toriz said...

That depends... Were you listening to yourself when you said them? ;)

C. Beth said...

#2 is funny.... Isn't that what every woman wants?! :)

Whitney said...

LMAO.

Shaista said...

Love your overheard conversations! That exercise is something I'm going to have to do soon for my Creative Writing Masters (I looked ahead in the module booklet... eager? moi?)...
How have you enjoyed the Memoir Writing?