STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, October 07, 2010

ArtSwap!

Note: Just a quick post today, folks. After a few days in San Francisco last week, I haven't been feeling well the past few days. I have adventures to share, as soon as I manage to clear this cold out of my head.

Since it was such a success back in May, @dpringle is coordinating a second edition of ArtSwap!

What is ArtSwap? It's an opportunity to share your art with a fellow artist and collect a piece in return. For more information about ArtSwap, check out the ArtSwap site. Check out the gallery of swapped art from the May exchange - amazing pieces!

This time around, the ArtSwap is dedicated to the memory of Kristen Ettensohn, a young artist who passed away this summer. Once ArtSwap is complete, David will be publishing a book of the swapped art and 50% of the profits will go to the KME Memorial Scholarship Fund.

I'm not an artist but I think this is a fabulous idea so I'm doing what I can to spread the word and support the project. David had am amazing response last time (14 countries!) and participants couldn't wait to do it again. Consider joining in this time, or passing along the word to any of your artist friends.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Great idea! Bummer I'm not an artist... :O(