STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Annoying *Beep*

My morning:
Joe: So I'm on the phone and there's this really annoying beep. And I'm all - wth is this annoying beep? Then I realized it was call waiting and your boss was calling.
me: My boss definitely counts as an annoying beep. Especially if by "beep" you mean a raging obscenity.
Thus begins my week. This AFTER my boss drunk-dialed me on Friday over a (semi-)legitimate issue.

Did I mention I'm supposed to be having a class day and I'm not even on the clock for work?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope I never get a drunk dial phone call from my employer. How awkward would that be? Hope your week gets better. - G

Unknown said...

Your boss drunk dialed you on Friday! OMG! That is horrible and hilarious at the same time. Was it during work hours?

Reminds me of running into my husbands boss for the first time at tailgating. He was drunk and told my husband that he wanted to get him so drunk that he would make out with him. I have never really gotten along well with Chris' boss ever since. I don't care for strange men hitting on my husband. Strange women maybe but defiantly not strange men.

21 Wits said...

Why is the boss always believes they are right? ...and even worse than drunk-dial is the too often butt-call.....now that can become tiresome! Hope your day brightens!

Unknown said...

i can't wait for the day when you can tell your drunk dialing boss to get bent.

<3

Toriz said...

I'm glad I don't have your boss as a boss!

Sassy Britches said...

Wow. Just wow. A drunk dial from your boss. That ranks up there with the tackiest things I've ever heard/witnessed.

Jeanie said...

Sounds like your boss needs to learn to set some limits. What does he not get about "off the clock"?