STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Buddy can't be trusted

After a long, busy weekend, we crawled into bed sometime shortly after midnight. Monday morning always comes too soon but especially when Sunday night is so late and Joe has to wake up at 5am to catch a flight.

All of which resulted in the following text message exchange:
Joe: @ the gate, u up?
me: am up, fly safe
Joe: k stay safe from buddy <3

Yes, stay safe from Buddy. Wait, who is Buddy? Whose buddy? Should I know who Buddy is? Why do I need to stay safe from him?

This sets me off on a muddled line of thinking as I try to wake up. Oh no, Joe's already on his flight, he's totally going to crash and die and I'll never know who Buddy is. But now I'll spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder, scared to death of some dude named Buddy who totally wants to do me harm!

Once Joe's flight landed safely, I was able to get some clarification.
me: who's "buddy"?
Joe: ?
me: it was in response to me saying i was awake
"K stay safe from buddy <3"
Joe: bizarre
me: well now i don't feel so bad for not knowing.
Joe: I see it but don't remember typing that
only <3
oh, wait - was supposed to be puddy
auto correct

Mystery solved. Damn auto-correct. He was just making a funny about the evil cats residing in the house and I'm running around afraid of guys named Buddy.

So I'm totally running amok the next couple of days! Party at my place tonight for anyone that can find me has access to unlimited pinot noir wants to help clean my kitchen. Don't everyone rush over at once!

20 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

Every day I try to stay safe from Buddy. Some call me paranoid.

angi_b72 said...

Where's Buddy? lol Have fun in the kitchen, sorry i can't make it..i cleaned all day yesterday!

Unknown said...

the buddy thing was explained away and replaced with puddy?

i am so totally confused.

west virginia?

blognut said...

I can totally find you in your undisclosed location - and I have wine that I'll be glad to pour for you while YOU clean your own kitchen. I'll just sit back and be supportive, 'k?

Annelie said...

Ha ha, that is hilarious!
Have I ever told you that I am the worst housekeeper in the history of mankind? That includes not only terrible cooking, but also cleaning...
But I am a great drinker, and extremely good at cheering people on while they do all the work.
Good luck, and give the puddies a pet under the chin from me :)

SF said...

That Buddy is a sneaky one, beware! I will bring take out while I watch you clean your kitchen, that close enough?

Peggy said...

Open house? Yay!

I thought he was just calling you Buddy, like Pal or something. Hahahaha!

Have fun with your open house...just in case, don't let anyone named Buddy in!

Grand Pooba said...

I'm totally there, just keep the puddy away!

(unlimited pinot, no prob)

Call Me Cate said...

Mo - so far, seems you're doing a fine job.

Angie - Maybe Buddy is in the kitchen!!! And maybe I should take a nap instead of cleaning tonight!

Andy - No, not West Virginia.

Blognut - I'd actually be down for someone pouring my drinks and keeping me company while I clean.

Snarky - you can't cook OR clean? I'd ask how you survive but seems it's the drinking. Yay!

SF - Take out works. Funny how nobody wants to clean for me.

Peggy - There's an explanation I didn't think of. Maybe because Joe usually calls me "woman" instead of "buddy".

Call Me Cate said...

Pooba - Should've known I can count on you for the pinot. Dare I hope also for cupcakes?

Toriz said...

LOL! Well, at least you got to the bottom of it in the end. ;)

Donnetta said...

I don't clean. But I drink. Lots.

The Wife O Riley said...

Sounds like conversations between my husband and I. I love text.

Have a great party!

Sassy Britches said...

Pokey & I's texts have too large a margin of error! I would totally have flipped my lid like you if that happened!

Aunt Julie said...

Oh, I'm so up for a par-tay! While the cat's away, Cate and Buddy and the gang will play...

Debbi said...

I thought it was a 'stay safe, FROM BUDDY" like, that's his new nickname for himself! ;)

Colleen said...

Maybe if there is enough wine you can just imagine Buddy cleaning your kitchen!

Call Me Cate said...

Tori - Joe's just too confusing sometimes. But he makes great blog fodder!

Donnetta - If you drink enough, you won't notice my house is a mess. Maybe that's the solution...

Wife O Riley - We often have entire conversations with no idea what we're talking about. It's our secret to a successful marriage!

Sassy Britches - When I told him I was all "omg, what if his plane goes down", he very seriously asked me if I had remembered to take my meds. Pffft.

Veggie Mom - I *wish* the cat was away! She wasn't very friendly this morning!

Debbi - I can only imagine the nickname he would select for himself. Scary.

Colleen - I wonder if Buddy would do a good job? I might be willing to give it a shot.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Ahahaha! I'm thinking he did that on purpose. Did you happen to spit in his milk the day before?

I'll be over to clean your kitchen as soon as someone gets over here to wash my bathtub.

Megan said...

LOL Hilarious! Glad you figured out who 'Buddy' was so you didn't have to watch over your shoulder.