STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why there's nothing to see here today

I said in yesterday's post that since it was so long I'd be phoning it in for the rest of the week. And for today, I think that's partly true. You're getting a bit of a posting potpourri this time for the following reasons:
  1. I usually write my posts the night before. Last night, I had a pounding migraine.
  2. I'm completely stressing about a non-stressful trip we're taking this weekend so my attention is focused there.
  3. Instead of arriving to work early to write a real post, I was pulled over and screamed at by a State Trooper for kicking puppies dealing crack trying to make a right on red like I do every day by pulling into the dirt because there's no turning lane even though there should be one there.
  4. All of which resulted in arriving 3 minutes late to work, at which point my boss continued the pattern of screaming. Yes, for being 3 minutes late. Did you miss the part yesterday where I said exactly 8am to exactly 5pm? Because I wasn't kidding.
So, how about some actual content...

Have you had a chance to play around with Wordle? Here's one created by an awesome person (not me) for this blog and I've circled some things I found interesting:


  • Thanks anyways (I should say this more often)
  • totally babyless (even my blog thinks I'm anti-children)
  • just going home (don't I wish?)
  • everyone legal (phew!)
  • love actually (one of my favorite movies!)
Also, I'd like to point out that Joe is proportionately much larger than SomeMonkey so his accusations that I talk to her more than him are completely unfounded. Wordle speaketh the truth!

Now, to catch up, make a million lists, and find some organization. I should be back on schedule with my blogging for tomorrow if all goes as planned.

12 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

That's interesting - I've heard of Wordle, but never attempted it.

Love Actually is one of my all-time fav movies. I could watch it for days. It makes me laugh just thinking about it. Why does nobody else seem to know of/love this movie? I don't get it.

Sorry you got yelled at - 3 minutes is a lot of time you could have been wasting, Cate. What were you thinking?

Annelie said...

Oh man, that is a lot of screaming in the morning! That is terrible!

I've got to try Wordle some time. It looks fun.

Ryan Ashely Scott - I love Love Actually! I can watch it over, and over, and over again. LOVE IT!

Juliet Colors said...

Wow. I don't know where to start.

1) Sorry about the head pain. I'm on day #3 of my latest throbbing headache. Granted, it's not a migraine, but I can still sympathize.

2) I stressed for at least a week before my SIL came to visit, and I didn't even have to go anywhere!

3) That just sucks.

4) Your boss sucks too. What the @#$%?!

5) Wordle is cool.

6) Love Actually is a great movie.

7) Your non-posts are much more entertaining than mine.

8) I need to stop blogging and get back to working on my own to do list or I'm never going to get anything done.

I Am Who I Am said...

Actually it says 'just EAT going home'...that way you don't have to cook!

Unknown said...

Maybe you should "show your boobs" instead of "show my face"...perhaps you wouldn't get yelled at so much.

Works for me. When there aren't pimples lurking, anyhow.

Sassy Britches said...

Does <3 mean "kiss?" This has been bothering me for some time now.

And please, no one likes to be yelled at. When are people going to realize that yelling just puts people on the defensive and doesn't make them interested in doing what you want? What happened to "diplomacy over violence?"

Andi said...

I love wordle! Love your blog which I discovered yesterday. Poor you, I never had an 8-5 boss, but I had a friend at my old job that worked in the department next me who had one and is one like a living hell, so I empathize with you!

Sarah said...

I'm proud of you for not punching the State Trooper or your boss in the face... you didn't, did you?

Call Me Cate said...

Ryan - Wordle is a fun way to kill hours and hours, whether you have the time or not. I highly recommend it. And Love Actually is awesome!

Snarky A - Screaming in the morning and almost 8 hours later, the headache rages on.

Juliet - Sorry about your headache! Hope you got some things done.

Just a Chic - it DOES! Brilliant because I totally don't feel like cooking tonight.
going home'...that way you don't have to cook!

andy - your method is probably much more effective but I lack the guts to try it out. I was proud I didn't cry.

Sassy Britches - <3 is a heart on its side. Or, as Joe thought, "less than three". My boss is big on yelling and drama even though it's not effective at all.

Andi - so glad to see you back. 8-5 bosses don't have to be as evil as mine. He's a special kind of animal for sure.

Sarah - I didn't. But I totally wanted to punch them both.

kim said...

<3 is a heart...on it's side. A napping heart. lol.. I need a nap.

does that cop and your boss know that if your bloggy friends were with you when you were being screamed at, they would no longer have the mouths to scream out of?? "Dude, your lips would make mighty hair barrettes!!"

did I mention I need a nap?

blognut said...

Sorry about the trooper - I hate when they pull you over for something so stupid. I always want to ask if they have nothing better to do.

Grand Pooba said...

I like trying to make sentences out of the phrases! It's pretty funny!