STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Reality show star

As I was watching Solitary (one of my favorite shows), I was noticing the "titles" under the contestants names. They represent quite the range.
  • marathon runner
  • hates old people
  • nursing home attendant
With the titles in mind, I watched the premiere of one of my other favorite shows, The Amazing Race, just waiting to see the crazy labels.
  • dating
  • married
  • dating
  • father/son
  • sisters
The most interesting one I saw was "former NFL cheerleaders". How dull! I've seen much more interesting descriptors in the past:
  • rodeo clowns
  • lives with parents
  • rocket scientist
  • air traffic controllers
  • retired beekeepers
  • hippies
It makes me wonder what my own title would be on a show like that. What role would I fill? I'd want it to be something really off-the-wall, not something boring like my job title.
  • runs with scissors
  • obsessed with chips & dip
  • hates Jack Black
  • bit her dentist
  • designs custom greeting cards
  • black sheep of the family
  • picks things up with her feet
  • punches people in the face
How about you? If you were ever on a reality show, how would the sum yourself up in just a few catchy words under your name?

P.S. The fantabulously amazing Snarky A is hosting a Bloghosphere Oscar Party! Be sure to fill out your ballot and send it in before Saturday even though I'm totally going to win.

20 comments:

angi_b72 said...

lol..before i even got thru your list, i said to myself...'the people face puncher" lol

Debbi said...

lol..I WAS on a reality TV show, remember? I was "Trophy Wife Trials". I kid you not.

yah.
not fun.

I'd love to be something else.

kim said...

mine would be..

pees when she laughs
or
world class spaz

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I'd be "must have a thyroid problem" or "peed on her doctor." Reminds of an awkward moment for next Tuesday's post.

Denise Grover Swank said...

How funny! I posted about the Amazing Race on Sunday night saying I would love to do it but need a partner. I had one reader say she would do it with me and we could call ourselves Mama Bloggers. Bloggers invading The Amazing Race! I love it!

Dropping by from SITS!

Annelie said...

Oh, yours would totally be "punches people in the face", you know it!

Oh thanks for the linky love Cate! Very gracious of you, especially since, if nobody else enters, the prize is all yours! :)

Lyndsay said...

Okay, I thought I was the only person alive eho picked things up with my feet ...

Call Me Cate said...

Angie - you all know me too well.

Debbi - I read that at your blog! You should pick yourself a new title since you don't like the old one.

Kimber - I'd laugh if I saw either of those. Great choices!

Ryan - can't wait to read that post. Especially since it happened to you and not me.

Denise - wouldn't that be torture though? How could you go on TAR and not blog about it for so long? My husband would love to do the show but with my anxiety, I think it would literally kill me.

Snarky A - yeah, I fought with the decision about posting your contest but in the end, the more people I beat, the more I can brag!

Lyndsay - I also clap with my feet. It alarms Joe very much.

Donnetta said...

Coughs and Pees
Laughs and Pees
Sneezes and Pees

Sensing a theme?

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! Well I love yours! Now I would love to be known as

farts on demand

I can't fart on demand but wouldn't that be cool?

Anonymous said...

For ha ha's I'll go with "The Plant Whisperer".

Unknown said...

first, i love the "runs with scissors".

second, i am totally kickin' it with the "picks up things with her feet"...the boyfriend thinks it is hilarious, i just picked it up for convenience when i was fat and pregnant. i flush toilets with my feet too.

Call Me Cate said...

Donnetta - you might want to get that looked at...

Grand Pooba - that would definitely make me laugh. What a talent!

Angela - I would be "The Plant Murderer", unfortunately.

blognut - not too long but it'll have to be a cable show to get past the censors.

Andy - I'm all about flushing toilets with my feet. Which once caused me to almost fall on the icky bathroom floor at a hockey game. Gotta be careful with that maneuver after a few brewskies!

RSusanna said...

Hilarious! Since picks up things with feet and flushes toilets with feet are taken, how about.....
plays flute with nose?

Lyndsay said...

Cate - I don't have your email any longer (how did that happen?!?!) Email me at lyndsay@iusedtobewitty.com so we can coordinate our bloggy-interview!

Call Me Cate said...

R Susanna - plays flute with nose works for me!

Lyndsay - you've got mail!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! Hmmm....guess I would be:
'needs more energy'

CynthiaK said...

These are all hilarious! Geez, it's late but if I had to come up with something right now...

Wears poo on forehead
Runs like a girl
Needs tummytuck
or
Blogs when drunk

Sassy Britches said...

Mine would be: scared of Cate and her right hook

Call Me Cate said...

Yaya - I could be that one too.

CynthiaK - I <3 "runs like a girl" and "blogs when drunk". Both of which I can relate to more than I'd like to admit. (Ok, that's a lie, I admit it freely.)

Sassy Britches - isn't it fun that online we can be anyone we want? I'm the most non-violent person you've ever met in terms of actually physically throwing a punch. But my mouth... Yikes.