STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Joy to the world!

I am tired of being sick. I am tired of bad news. I am tired of feeling like the world is falling apart around me. So this is me being over it. I'm showing my happy face, dammit, and the world will cooperate. Or else I'll have to make it one of my nice cards. And we don't want that now, do we?

In the spirit of being cheery and light-hearted, I share this, for no particular reason:

SomeMonkey: what does HE know?
me: NOTHING, he's a man
SomeMonkey: zacly
me: when i have a kid/dog/goldfish, i'm gonna name it Zach Lee
zacly!
bwahahaha
SomeMonkey: he's gonna change his name
and be "i'm EX-zach lee!"
me: ooooooooh
you win that one
that was smooth, congrats
SomeMonkey: i'm wikud proud
me: SMRT!
SomeMonkey: omg you spelled that wrong
me: ok!

Doesn't matter anyways. Joe will never let me be in charge of something like naming babies. He wasn't even thrilled with the name I picked for Tonya and named Rusty himself.

So, cheers, everybody! If we can't be happy and healthy, let's at least pretend we are!

17 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Here's to being over it! *raising my glass*

kim said...

I'm raising my coffee mug to you this morning Cate...you are rising above the noise and black clouds..

oops!! does anyone know how to get black coffee out of cotton pajamas??

You rock..keep that smile on your face :)

Rachel said...

Proust to you dear!

I find that drinking helps me smile more. Can you make it out to happy hour today? :P

Unknown said...

I will grab your coat tails and fake it right along with you sista! Having some issues with my happy pills, though...so I may have to get drunk on my coffee break this morning in order to cope...sigh. OH SHIT! We're supposed to be exuding wellness and happy, right?! Will get right to it;)

Annelie said...

Ooh, nice one Cate. I couldn't agree with your more on this, after all the miserableness that has been going around lately. I need some happy, even if it is fake, so I'm totally in on this "fake it 'til you make it" festivities.

Cheers!

Call Me Cate said...

The best part is that I wrote this before I went to bed last night. And then had a perfectly dreadful night. Dragging myself into work this morning, the first thing I saw was this post. Yeah, me and my happy.

I mean, happy happy happy!!!

Debbi said...

I named my fish Thooper. He wath a great fith.

Melissa said...

I'm toasting with you! Although I don't know how long I wear a fake smile

blognut said...

Excellent idea - we're all going to CHOOSE to be healthy and happy no matter what. Wait, isn't that called denial? Crap!

Anonymous said...

Do I have to??

Anonymous said...

zacly...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one...

Deb said...

i know... i need some cheer STAT! your little exchange helped.

i will admit that tonya is not... well... very cat-sounding. not that there's anything wrong with that!

my husband named both of our kids. and everyone ooohs and aaaahs over their names. darn him!

Call Me Cate said...

Who's taking over this round of the Snoopy dance? I'm falling sleep at my desk instead.

Tiffany said...

I hope you feel better soon! I left you an award over at Poetry and Hums and there are no strings attached!

The Wife O Riley said...

That was me this morning, "I'm going to be happy DAMN IT!!

Lyndsay said...

I'm with A. in that "fake it till you make it" is a recurring mantra in my life.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Yay! Happy! WooHoooo! Kona coffee, Sprinkles learning to fetch, honeycrisp apples, valentine's party with cheesy conversation hearts and pink cupcakes. Bliss.