STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Not connected

Never were truer words spoken. Or at least flashed across my screen I'm writing this in notepad because I have no internet connection.

HELP!!!

See, I was totally right to be anxious about this trip. Everyone said "relax, it's Florida, not the North Pole!". Yeah, well, there's no internet here so if the North Pole has a wireless hotspot, sign me up!

We arrived in Orlando safely around 9:30 last night after a blissfully smooth flight. Seamless transfer to the rental car and we hit the road for Auntie's at the coast. By 11pm we were sitting in her new place munching on Burger King greasiness. And all with very little anxiety from me because I was bound and gagged in the checked baggage heavily sedated more focused on dealing with the neverending migraine (which I now cautiously say has ended again). Joe was practically gleeful when I requested food - I've gone entire weekend trips without eating so no hunger strike is a good sign.

But our trip has two primary purposes - see Auntie's new condo and set up her new laptop. Which means until Sleeping Beauty Snoring Wonder Joe wakes up and hooks up that wireless router, I am "not connected".

Such an accurate phrase, "not connected". I can't access my email. I can't read my blogs or post a blog. I can't catch up on the news. I can't spy on my kitties with the webcam. I can't check the weather. I miss my Twitter.

I'm hoping he wakes up soon and saves me from this horrid state because I'm not one that desires a vacation from technology all that often. I like to be connected.

P.S. The World's Greatest Husband (ok, MY greatest husband anyways) woke up and found me some interwebz!

14 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Yay Joe! So glad you are now connected! Have a wonderful trip - and enjoy some sun!

Juliet Colors said...

Yay for techno-savvy husbands!

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. Glad you're up and running.

Sassy Britches said...

Joe to the Rescue! Cue the theme music!

x said...

Yeah Joe!! Does he know we're all sending GOOD KARMA his way for reconnecting you???

Annelie said...

Fabulous Joe!

I hope you guys have a great weekend!

angi_b72 said...

I am glad you are up and running! I would go nuts not reading you!! Have a fun, safe and anxiety free trip!!

Donnetta said...

Have a great weekend! We are in Florida too. THANK GOD for my wireless router!!!

blognut said...

Good for Joe! I manage to stay half-connected when traveling because of my cell phone. Meaning, I can get to the internet and read blogs, but actually blogging something is just too much of a workout for my weak thumbs.

Call Me Cate said...

Since I'm on vacation, I'm going to allow myself the luxury of not replying to you each individually. Hope that's ok. But thanks to everyone that offered words of support yesterday. And yes, Joe is the greatest. I'm gonna keep him!

RSusanna said...

Have fun in FL. Glad you are online.

The Wife O Riley said...

Have a wonderful trip and I'm glad you got connected!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Yay! Welcome back to our world!

Thanks for visiting my site the other day when I was featured on SITS!

the letters i wish i'd written... said...

I can't spy on my kitties with a webcam? I may never stop laughing!