STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Zumba Guy

Yesterday, while plodding away at my hour-long elliptical torture workout, there was a Zumba class going on in the room across the hall. If you're not familiar, it's a sort of hip-hop dance workout. I've always thought Zumba sounds like a fun idea but that I'm probably not coordinated enough for it. Watching the class pretty much confirmed that.

I like to not only watch the instructors in those classes but also the participants - it gives me an idea for how well people are following along and how much "messing up" is happening. The participants are primarily women but today I noticed a guy doing Zumba right in the front row.

Or, well, maybe he wasn't doing Zumba. I'm not sure what you would call those moves. There were random kicks and punches, Snoopy dancing, Chippendale thrusts, and spins. None of these were even close to what the rest of the class was doing.

Either this guy is my hero for getting an amazing cardio workout without being self-conscious about his lack of, umm, Zumba skills, or he was getting an amazing cardio workout by being in the front row and watching the instructor. By law (or not), Zumba instructors seem to have two important features - a nice round booty and a good amount of cleavage. This instructor probably graduated at the top of her class based on those criteria and I find it hard to believe this was lost on Mr. Zumba. Either way, I'm sure his heart rate was sufficiently elevated to burn a few calories.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Yeah, for sure, that guy's body was getting a "workout"--one way or another.

Lisa said...

I've just started doing Zumba and LOVE IT! We don't have any men showing up in our class....yet. Our instructor are amazing.

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

Unknown said...

Nice! I bet he was hoping for an offer to improve his technique at home from the bootylicious instructor...if you know what I mean.

Toriz said...

My Mam is getting a disk for the Wii for that. Personally, I think I'll give it a miss though.

LOL @ your comments about the guy!

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! Fo sho!

21 Wits said...

Oh yes it's all about Zumba...everyone is doing it...and I think...hey maybe I should go back to dancing .....it costs less! lol

Eternal Lizdom said...

You should go and try it! Lack of coordination means nothing in Zumba. If you get confused (and everyone does), just shake your hips and you'll be fine!

C. Beth said...

That is hilarious! I'm sure he was enjoying his "workout."