STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Joys of Married Life, Episode #827

Today's post goes out to my single readers who think they'd like to be married some day. I'm going to lift the curtain and give you a peek at married life. You'll thank me later.

This is typical, though not a transcript of a specific morning. I'm sound asleep. Joe is awake, getting ready for work. He "accidentally" clears his throat next to my side of the bed, waking me up.

Joe: Oh, you awake? Mind shaving the back of my neck for me?"

Really? I mean, A) you just woke me up so I'm not quite coherent, and B) you just woke me up and so I am quite pissed.

Sure, hand me a razor. I'd love to have a go at your face/throat/neck. Brilliant idea.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I wonder what we were thinking when we thought that marriage was a great idea. I hope Joe survived the morning.

Unknown said...

This is hilarious!

TMC said...

What a nut.

Mim said...

I've been there. Exactly there. They are amazing sometimes aren't they?

Toriz said...

If he did that to me, he'd get a VERY rude response.

My hubby gets extremely rude responses if he wakes me up for stupid reasons.

soulbrush said...

what a perfect example.

Me: it's 5:30 am, and it's Saturday--- why the hell is the alarm going off now?
Neil: I was trying out my new iphone!

soulbrush said...

BTW Yes it's great to be back. gonna do my six worder right now!

Toni said...

Ah, Marriage!