STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, June 29, 2009

White

Today's post brought to you by the color white.

My screen is white. It's been white for many cumulative hours while I tried to think of something to post here today. And all that I can think is "white, white, white" so I'm not going to fight it anymore

Snow is white. Where I live now, snow doesn't often fall. When it does, it shuts us down until it melts. I kinda like it that way. Growing up, we had beaucoups de snow. It would accumulate for weeks or months. I could built forts and snowmen that would last for extended periods of time. And it was always so peaceful to lay in a pile of freezing cold snow, bundled up nice and warm, and just listen to the silence around me.

Tonya's fluffy belly is white. The belly she tempts me to pet each morning only because she knows I can't resist even though it makes my allergies flair. Her teeth are kinda white too as she sinks them into my hand because I haven't fed her yet. Thanks, cat.

Daisies are white. I'm not a big fan. They make me think of my mother.

My vicodin is white. I know this because I took one recently. It makes me a bit loopy. Can you tell?

P.S. - Later this week you'll be treated to a review of my Kindle, a wordle, and a post from kitties. We just need to survive Monday first.

14 comments:

C. Beth said...

I got vicodin after giving birth to Chickie and had some left over. Some months later, The Engineer had some sort of pulled muscle or something in his neck. He took my pills and was in HEAVEN. Hope you're feeling better today.

TMC said...

I'm very familiar with that white screen.

just the five of us said...

Stopping by from SITS. Vicodin rocks. Hope you have a great day!

Lindy said...

Vicodin and Mondays seem to go together. Try to have a good day!

Hit 40 said...

Your crowd is all cracking me up!! I obviously am out of the vicodin loop.

Toriz said...

White is good... A nice, clean colour.

I like snow. We don't get much though. We're lucky most years to get a couple of inches. We got a few feet of snow earlier this year though... That was awesome! Everything shuts down here if there's snow too. Wales is built to cope with rain, not snow. Once we get more than an inch or so of snow the whole country grinds to a hault (well, the parts of it with snow anyway). But I like snow... I made a snowdog when we had all that snow earlier this year. The best snow I've ever seen was when I spent Christmas in Canada though. Now that was snow! Wish we had snow like they have over there.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

When my hubs took vicodin for a hernia surgery, he liked to scream at the Price Is Right contestants about how stupid they were. Quite out of character, but funny.

Looking forward to hearing about the new kindle! I'm not sure where I stand - I love books, especially old books, but how convenient the kindle would be...!

Melissa B. said...

Michael Jackson was white. Eerily white. Was that too tacky a comment to make? The thing that makes me saddest about the whole MJ thing is the generation divde going on here. So many of the Generation Ys or Generation Nexts or whatever the 18-25 group is called know MJ only for his weirdness. I guess you didn't expect this kind of comment, but it sorta all came out that way, when I read your post.

BTW, my youngest just launched a photo blog, and I'm shamelessly trolling for traffic. Please visit my site to see what she's got going, and pay her a visit!

mo.stoneskin said...

So what you are really saying is that the ideal situation would be sitting in the snow munching on vicodin, hunting for daisies and stroking Tonya's belly?

mzbehavin said...

vicodin makes Monday Better.....

Kudos to you, for turning the white to your advantage, and in such an entertaining way, Thanks!!

Unknown said...

never tried vicodin. but it sounds awesome. here's to your migraine...hope it's gone today. that's probably why you have a drained ability to compose.

i have no excuse.

i'm just crap.

andy

2cats said...

The song by Cream comes to mind "White Room".
Maybe they had vicodin in that room also.
Vicodin barely takes the pain away for me, must have built up a tolerance.

SparkleFarkel said...

Doing a smitch of white, here, myself. It is very hot today. To avoid seeing blood red dollar $igns appearing in my husbands eyes because I turned the air conditioner on too soon in the season (Heaven forbid! I wouldn't want the Air Conditioner Police pounding on my door, oh no.), I have to rely on my good friend, Imagery. I'm picturing myself sitting in a GIANT snow cone drained of its blue rasperry flavoring, which then equals "white." Cold "white," at that! Got any vodka and a straw? That would make this cone be that much better. Make that two straws and you can join me!

Rochelle said...

Next time I'm glaring at that dreadful blank "white page" I'm going to take a leftover Oxycodone and see if I can writes as goods as youse on it!