STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New blogging philosophy

After much soul searching and many sleepless nights, I've reached a decision about the future of this blog.

I'm ceasing operations immediately.

bwahahahaha

Step away from that ledge; it was a lie. All of it. A damn dirty lie.

No, but what I am going to start doing is replying to your fantasticeriffic comments via email. Because I really appreciate your responses to my profound words of wisdom sometimes partially intelligible babbles.

However, this means is that some of you need to do me an itty bitty favor. When your comments are emailed to me, some of you don't have your email addresses included. I type out a brilliant, funny, world-changing response only to realize it's being sent to noreply-comment@blogger.com. This makes Cate cry. And you know what happens when you make Cate cry, right? If you don't know, ask around. It's not pretty.

I'm not going to bother writing out the "how to fix it" myself because I'm lazy other people have already done a much better job according to my BFF Google. Go see the lovely tutorial at GoodNCrazy. There are other how-tos there that I'll check out soon. Maybe you should too. Or not. Up to you.

But please do consider updating your profile. From now on, if you comment on this blog and don't at least receive a quick "hi" in return, assume it's you, not me. And if you don't for some reason wish to enable your email address even though I've promised not to stalk you at least not anymore, I'll try not to take it personally. While I'm rocking back and forth in the corner chewing on 8-tracks and humming the theme to MacGyver.

Sorry to those of you who are already complying and making me a happy girl. No punches in the face for you. Instead Tonya has agreed to reward you with all the cat hair you can eat!

It's your lucky day. For reals.

27 comments:

TMC said...

This seems like a reasonable request. Be sure to use the right email address when replying. ; )

Lora said...

I love emailing back and forth with my commenters. Although it gets a little overwhelming sometimes, it is totally worth it. I learn so much about people and I get to talk about things that bother me that I'm not comfortable sharing face to face with someone or blogging about. It's a total win/win thing. And it makes me look busy at work.

The Wife O Riley said...

I believe I have my email address all set up in the profile.

I just started emailing my responses as well, it's is much better.

Don't chew on 8 tracks, cassettes have much more nutritional value.

Debbi said...

I have started to do the same thing, and the noreply@blogger commenty thingy is annoying!

Glad Tonya has enough hair to share with me! Yay for furballs.

SparkleFarkel said...

***blopping back from GoodNCrazy's tute*** Well. That wasn't so bad. I am good to go-- let that email fly! (Thanks, Cate!)

Hit 40 said...

Oh I wish they would give us an email!!! This is a big pet peeve of mine.

I do not always email. But, if it was a question, I post a response and send them a note because I know most folks do not come back.

And I do not like blog owner approval!!! Just delete any spam that is sent.

Lindy said...

Yes ma'am! No cat hair please!! I have enough of my own. Thanks for the advice and I will try to comply. Love massages too btw!

p.s you had me scared there for a sec!

Unknown said...

don't frighten me like that again.

i already had my letter opener to my throat at the thought of you no longer blogging.

with that said, please send me some cat hair.

andy

p.s. asap.

blognut said...

Excellent! I'm thinking of converting all of my blog responses to email, too. It lets me be more snarky without damaging my reputation any further.

And I LOVE that we both huddle in corners, rocking, humming, and chewing on things. It's really a great way to burn off stress.

Anonymous said...

I've got my email attached. I wish everyone did! Please don't feel like you have to reply to every single comment you get. That is too overwhelming.

C. Beth said...

Did this work?

Toriz said...

I'm not a big fan of cat hair, so someone else can have my cat hair portion. If I find my dinner isn't enough I have oranges in the fruit bowl. ;)

Carissa(GoodNCrazy) said...

Ugh.. thanks so much for joining my no-reply blogger campaign.. :)

I'm testing out intense debate for blogger comments (but it doesn't force ppl to leave email address.. grrr..) another option is haloscan.. :) See it in action on my homepage: http://goodncrazy.com cheers thanks for the link to the tute.. !

Carissa(GoodNCrazy) said...

HOly WOW.. I have all these changes coming including moving to wordpress and in the mean time I created a new gmail account (therefore new profile for blogger sign in) and missed who I was for a minute.. does this work now?? ARGH.. how funny huh!

C. Beth said...

Okay, trying this again. Did it work?

Anonymous said...

I saw you on SITS and I thought that I would pop in and say "hi!"

I like it when people reply to comments by email because I usually forget to go back and see if anyone replied.

P.S. I really like your background, it's so happy!

2cats said...

I don't know how to include my email it it isn't already there. I hope it is. I like email and I like getting responses.

Everyday Goddess said...

I guess I never realized if my email is enabled or not. Isn't that lame?

Rosaria Williams said...

I read your post on massage, and had a good laugh.

Beth said...

And to think I almost jumped!

Anonymous said...

I think my email is enabled, but I couldn't put my 6-word Saturday link anywhere, so perhaps not.

Yaya' s Home said...

Wow! That's a lotta' comments. I hope you're up to it. My six word 'Life Description' is, "I can hardly wait 'til winter." I hope I did that correctly. Fun idea.

~ Yaya

Judith Atwood said...

Hi! Saturday already -- I love it! Here is a link to this week's post: http://diabeticredemption.com/2012/02/04/six-word-saturday/ ‎
And what, at the risk of sounding stupid, is a Mr. Linky?

Anonymous said...

I am still trying to link back to you. I have been posting 6 word Saturdays for a whole but today found the link back didn't work. Boo hoo. Back to the drawing board.

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to give you the linkback to today's post - http://growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/the-market/. And Mr Linky?

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just signed up to your 6 Word Saturday. I hope I did everything right!

Alyson said...

I do hope that you will accept the brand new Blog of the Year 2012 Award which I have bestowed upon your blog – you can read my award ceremony post here ‘Blog of the Year Award’ http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/2012/10/24/blog-of-the-year-award/ Thank you for entertaining and informing me this year – and Congratulations!