STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Day of Zen

This is the first full day of family vacation. I'm wrote this post ahead of time because I expected Saturday to be quite full of driving, checking in, setting up shop, and spazzing. I was mostly correct but I'll add a Saturday night update at the end.

Today, I share with you the joy that is Wordle. In the past, I've really only used Wordle to summarize my blog. However Amy K mentioned in a comment to my May in Review post that a friend had framed a Wordle and given it to her as a gift.

Suddenly, I was inspired. Wordle wordle everywhere! These would make great gifts. Or room decorations (as C. Beth created for her Zoodle). Or maybe little reminders not to freak out, as I've created here:



I've printed this one out and tucked it inside one of the books I'm taking along on vacation.

Head on over to Wordle.net to create your own Wordle! Tip: to make some words larger than others, type them additional times. Then customize and enjoy!

Live Update: I spazzed a bit Friday night just before bed. Half a xanax did the trick. The packing and driving went fine. We actually ended up with the "best" bedroom in that it is on the third floor (the other three are on the first floor though sister/husband are sleeping in living room on second) and has a private bath and balcony. Everyone was exhausted and the nephew was a bit cranky at times but mostly it wasn't bad. Sunday, the first full day... Thank you all SO much for the support and well wishes!

17 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

have a fun vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the good bedroom, phew!

Wordles are fun, love this one you did!

If you feel a panic the best thing you can do it BREATHE! Sometimes I forget that. I have an awesome friend who is great at getting me through panic attacks because she keeps saying 'just breathe, breathe' and it really helps.

Beth said...

Don't forget to relax and laugh! Vacations are supposed to be fun but they can be far more stressful than people realize.

Have fun!

Hit 40 said...

Excellent! Order pizza and crack open an economy bottle of margarita.

C. Beth said...

So glad it's going well so far!!

You know I love your breathe Wordle.

Everyday Goddess said...

Nice wordle! The top floor bedroom sounds like a great place to Zen out. Burn a little incense maybe...

Melissa B. said...

Well, all I can say is that I'm Officially Jealous. I have 2 more weeks of angst, stress & stupid people before I can relax. Enjoy your time away!

Annelie said...

The Best room sounds awesome! Love your wordle!

!

mo.stoneskin said...

So what you're really saying is that you typed "breathe" a million times? What a workout.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Perfect Wordle for the occasion - and what a lovely idea about gifts or a room decoration.

On getting the best room: Nice!

The Wife O Riley said...

Keep reading that Wordle and you'll be fine. Also, try my Recognize, Embrace and Release method. That works great too.

SparkleFarkel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SparkleFarkel said...

I'm doing a load of laundry just for you for old time's sake. Enjoy the big "V"!

SisterFriend said...

Glad it's going well, woman! Keep us posted and right ON with the best bedroom! Got your booze stash in there? ;)

Just say Julie said...

Glad to hear you are surviving so far. I made some wordles for my classroom since I'm cheap on decorations. Did a large one of the Gettysburg address & some other speeches. They're so fun to make.

Toriz said...

Glad to hear you're surviving so far... Hope it stays that way. *Hugs*

Call Me Cate said...

Thanks everyone. It really hasn't been too bad other than constant LOUD and occasional freaking.