STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Six Word Saturday


more bugs inside - burn house down?

I pay money to people to do things so I don't have bugs inside my house. And I called and complained because there were bugs in my house and they sprayed things and STILL there are bugs. In my house. Does someone need a punch in the face? Because it can be arranged.


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




22 comments:

restlessjo said...

Seems a little drastic, Cate? I'm no bug lover, but it's nice to have a roof over your head. They're getting to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yuck! Keep calling; don't burn it down. Get satisfaction though.

Jess said...

Oh no!Bugs! :-/ that's not good.Hope they are not big ones or nipping ones!Its too bad that you have paid to stop them tho and they are still invading.Hope the disappear soon x

vivinfrance said...

Bugs are all part of life's rich pattern - leave them alone and they'll treat you the same and get on with their own purpose in life eg eating bugs, fertilising flowers.

I would comment on more 6-w-s posts were it not for the dreaded catchpa word verification. Sometimes it can take more than 4 attempts. I give up. I don't think it can serve any useful purpose, unlike bugs!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Bugs? There are more of them than there are of me, so I live and let live.

Anonymous said...

My mom had the same issue! Keep calling! I just can't deal with bugs.. Spiders are my issue. We seem to have an abundance of them at our back door and I know they do good but I'd just as soon not have them in my house.. I don't know what kind of good they're doing crawling around my house in the middle of the night!

Linda said...

Oh Cate....How frustrating! I don't blame you one little bit for being upset! You are paying good money for their service! Maybe you need to find a different Pest Control company...who will make good on their promises if they aren't doing the job right! (:>)

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Mlissabeth said...

Sorry about the bugs. I hope the situation is resolved soon.

Steph said...

UGH! We have creepy crawlies this time of year (I think the proper name is silverfish???). I totally identify with the desire to burn the house down. But insurance won't cover it, so you might want to hold off on that. LOL. =)

Jim said...

Jim says, "Good Saturday morning, Cate, and to any of the little bugs who are listening."

Sorry about them. They can be scary and for sure very annoying and somewhat embarassing if company sees one.

We use bug bombs which do the job for about six months or more. But we have to take the pets outside with us if we do the whole house.

Mostly we have spiders here now. Since we moved 100 miles north the roaches are not prevelant at all like they were down in Galveston country.

Best wishes for a solution. Now you know why the call computer glitches 'bugs in the program.'

C. Beth said...

Burn down the pest control company instead. Think about it; it's really a better solution on all fronts.

joanne said...

Luckily we don't have big bug issues in northeast (except roaches and bed bugs!) but I understand it's a huge issue in some areas....don't do anything rash - 2nd or 3rd extermination is a charm!

21 Wits said...

Oh No! BUGS! Spare the house, and make friends with those silly bugs, I mean what do they really want? A little food, hmmm there's an idea give them spoiled meat so they get sick and run-away! Enjoy your Labor (free) Day hopefully Weekend ahead!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

No - don't burn the house down! Keep calling!

tonyamaries said...

Punching someone would be first on my to do list. Spraying inside and out with Ortho's Home Defense would be the second thing. If that didn't do the the trick I would burn it down and start over.
I. DON'T. DO. BUGS.

Josie Two Shoes said...

I once lived in a townhouse where the owner would have units sprayed for bugs individually, so the blasted bugs would just move back and forth between units to avoid their fate. It was infuriating, I sympathize with your plight. Kick some butt! :-)

Suzy said...

Oh I hope not - try another pest control company. I hope the bugs are gone soon.

JosephAlsarraf said...

No just throw them out, that's what I do! : )

Cheri said...

Sorry to hear about the bug problems, and I can certainly appreciate the consideration of just eliminating the problem through fire. Our problem this year is scorpions, and I'm really tired of seeing them in my house. Good luck to you.

Mariya Koleva said...

I've done this for the second time, but am now first-time sharer here. Glad to be part of it :-)

Unknown said...

Mommy needs sleep, settles for coffee.

waikiki resort said...

You really have to spray some insecticides in the house. Always clean the sink and places which is dark, that would help to lessen or even get rid of the bugs.