STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Six World Saturday


something wrong with the world today
i don't know what it is

Today's six words x2 brought to you by the esteemed philosophers otherwise known as Aerosmith. I'm writing my 6WS post, as usual, on Friday so it can be ready for all of you late-nighters/early-risers. And the news this morning is heartbreaking. As it often is, which is why I'm often guilty of ignoring the news as much as possible. Which is why it's kind of bizarre that I'm working a contract that involves me spending 40+ hours a week monitoring the news.

Anyways, please be kind to each other. Which is six words. I probably should've just gone with that...




Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



20 comments:

Daanando said...

"And Pink Is My Favourite Colour." Okay, it's not. But, you know, Aerosmith. Also: do adults have a favourite colour? I mean, is it allowed?

Melissa Hopper said...

Living on the Edge! Great song and they are just as good live as they are on the radio!

Anonymous said...

The Stones song, Gimmee Shelter often comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

We have been watching it on the news. Such a sad day.

Elaine said...

Shocking news from Denver.

Claudia said...

If those are song lyrics, I don't know the name of the song. But the words are appropriate for what has happened this week.

Amanda said...

I agree with Claudia...my mind went to Colorado when I saw your 6 works.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

No one wants to talk about how this young man was able, legally, to get 5 guns and tons of ammunition. No other country but ours ... sad, very sad. My heart goes out to the families who are having to live through this.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Toriz said...

I try to avoid the news.

Linda said...

It is such a sad, and terrible tragedy that happened in Aurora, Co. I know it could happen anywhere, and that is so frightening.

Crazy world!

Cheri said...

Things are very sad today.

C. Beth said...

:( I like your final six words.

soulbrush said...

Lots of people seem to be feeling down lately- it's the state of our world right now!

TMC said...

I thought you'd enjoy knowing that there's a smiling toilet on your blog. : )

betty said...

definitely such a sad time; but it does make us stop and appreciate what we have and to love each other more kindly like you summed up with your final six words. Interesting contract you have with monitoring news like that! I would imagine hubby would like something like that :)

betty

Anonymous said...

There is something wrong. It's people who have no concept of the value of life.

Len Williams~ Carver said...

Sure hope I can enter twice as I did this first one early then published a bit ago and did another for aurora

Len williams~Carver said...

no respect for self or others definitely no respect for life. Not ALL young people but it seems each of the younger generations are a little worse than the one before.
I overhear my nine year old grandsons friends and how they speak about or to others and it is scary. when asked if they speak this way or are this lacking in respect at home they reply "yes" that is sad.

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

I am getting here a little late but it is still Saturday,
Prayers for all who are affected.

JosephAlsarraf said...

A sad story to all movie goers and lovers out there, my heart goes out to them.


Lol! Nice six words! : )