STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Will It Crock?!?!

Remember how a million years ago there was a company with super-powerful blenders and they came up with this really viral marketing campaign called Will It Blend?"? (Question - did that sentence really need an extra question mark? Does it just show that I'm double questionny?) The idea was that their blender was SO awesome that you could put in anything and it would blend it up. Ipods, skeletons, glow sticks. Yeah, so they'd make a video of them sticking this random stuff in their blender and seeing if it would blend. (Spoiler: it always blends.)

Yesterday, I used another kitchen appliance to invent a new game method of cooking called "Will It Crock?" (Again, I'm questioning the punctuation. I need to look this stuff up.) By which I mean, if I stick all this crap in my slow cooker and set it on low for 8-10 hours, will it be edible?

This week's "recipe" includes: pork roast, a can of flat Coke from 2006, half a bottle of Kraft Basil Parmesan Vinaigrette w/ Olive Oil (that expired in Sept of 2010), Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, part of an old onion, and red pepper flakes.

Verdict: The pork was tender and yummy. Joe was pleased with his dinner. We both survived the night without intestinal distress. So, yes, it WILL crock!!!

13 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

I wonder if maybe you could discuss the circumstances around which you kept a soda and half a bottle of salad dressing for several years? I feel like that is the real story here!!!

Unknown said...

I like this game! I always forget about my Crock Pot and that I can have it do the work for me. It is something I really should use more often and play the "Will it Crock?" game.

If you find a good resource to answer your grammatical questions please do share. I am always questioning if I am putting the punctuation in the right place.

I Am Not Superwoman said...

I am with accidentally me. Why on earth did you have that old of products still? Time to clean out your pantry Cate. LOL. I love my crock pot. So easy and you really can make so many things in it. Go to bettycrocker.com for lots of crock pot recipes.

TMC said...

It was the red pepper flakes. They're magic.

Unknown said...

Called slow cooker in Australia - same, same but different. Love mine. Never thought of using the combo of ingredients you have tho'and also have to wonder where you found (or kept) a 'half' bottle of salad dressing for so many years lol

Toriz said...

As a general rule, most things can be cooked in most ways and be edible, it's just that some things work better cooked one way rather than another, if you know what I mean.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, I'm convinced anything crocks. Fi, you must be a younger Aussie than me! We did call them crockpots, but the new versions are slow cookers. I loved the old crockpots and still have my big one, but the smaller one for when it's just the two of us eventually died (only last year) and was replaced with a new model. It's OK, does the job, but I'm still getting used to it.

John said...

That is just all sorts of awesome ;-)

I need to pull out my slow cooker far more often.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you have a cast-iron stomache of the same variety as mine. I always test dubious leftovers on myself and am still here to tell the tale (fingers crossed!)

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure ANYthing will crock... I suppose if you look up the definition of crock pot it will say... "Put an old shoe in it for 10 hours and you will have pot roast"

Ron. said...

I guess if there had been room in that pot for a kitchen sink you'd have thrown that in too, eh?

All's Well That Crocks Well.

Toni said...

Well . . . I guess if it was tasty and you're still alive it's all good!

I'm not brave enough to try such a thing. (Of course, Coke won't last that long around here.)

Tami said...

I love the recipe - I'm starting now so I can have pork roast in 2019.

You might be a bit concerned that this game could turn in to "Will it give me food poisoning"?