STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Six Word Saturday


my new year starts on Monday

Yes, that's right. I've decided that my new year officially starts on Monday. This past week involved some travel (Lake Tahoe and Reno are beautiful) and some ups and downs and unnecessary drama and a general lack of routine. And that's okay. I'm thinking of it as a transitional period. Monday, Joe will be back to a normal work schedule which means I can also get myself on a regular schedule of so many things - exercising, posting, writing, reading, 6WS-visiting, and the other bajillion things that go into this thing I call life. I'm excited!



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




28 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, happy new year to you :)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

New years can begin whenever we darn well say that they do!

Anonymous said...

It is quite funny. Holidays are terrific, warm, free and wild. But somehow we need to have a schedule. To get back to normality.
Happy New Year again! ;)

Jim said...

That's real nice, Cate! I'm glad that you had a nice week.

And that means,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
is in order once again.
..

Ron. said...

Will there be noisemakers? Drinking? Auld Lang Syne? Ball Drop? I could go for some more of that.

Glad to hear there's a return to normalcy for you.

soulbrush said...

And here's to a hugely good year for you!

Unknown said...

i'm exciting for you to get back into a routine...for me there is nothing more comforting... :D

JosephAlsarraf said...

That's great, I hope you have a Happy New Year! : )

21 Wits said...

Okay Cate, I'm sort of with you...but does that mean if Monday is tne New Year, 2012!! is there New Year's Eve again, like tomorrow!!!! LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

I think I'm participating but being a technologically challenged person I'm still struggling with the links, and just life in general it feels, at this present moment! Enjoying life's little challenges (cough!cough!)

Kim said...

I'm having a little trouble getting back into my normal routine as well. Hope you have a great weekend!

Christy said...

Awesome! thanks for the 6WS :) Enjoying your blog!

Ferragudofan said...

Hi - and Happy New Year to you again! It's a leap year so that must affect things anyway!
I am on week 2 of this - but enjoying it already - and have encouraged 2 other bloggers to join us too! :)
http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/2012/01/07/enjoying-6ws/

Rachel said...

Sorry, the first link I added was the wrong one :(. Enjoy your new year!

Rachel said...

Sorry, the first link I added was the wrong one :(. Enjoy your new year!

Vivian Delores said...

I think I managed to join correctly. Happy New Year!

Xiomara said...

Happy New Year! I hope it's full of joy, growth and the love of family and friends. :D

Walt Wojtanik said...

It's January 7th in Buffalo and my arms are getting tanned. Quite the unexpected six words to choose today!
Happy New Year!

betty said...

What a great place to go and visit, Cate! Hope you had a good time checking out both places! Sorry about the unnecessary drama, never fun to deal with.

I do agree, it is good to get back on a schedule of things; glad that Joe is feeling well enough to go back to his normal work schedule!

Hope the week ahead is a good productive one for you!

betty

Dawn said...

New to link up & follow your blog! =) Happy New Year to You!

Dawn

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I feel kind of transitional too, but I did create a Treasure Map for 2012, even if I dd take a few days to do it.

Anonymous said...

happy new year! i hope the year is kind to you. ♥

Susi said...

My new year will officially start tomorrow, too. The kids are going back to school and we will be back to a normal routine and schedule!!!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

PS I tried three time to post my link and it kept disappearing! It would show up on the list, only to be gone next time I came back. In case that happens again, it is: http://cronewyze.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-make-treasure-map.html

Judithhb said...

Good idea to start the New Year on a day of your choosing. And as it is already Monday here in New Zealand, may I be the first to wish you a happy new year.

Anonymous said...

I gave you a shout out at my other blog:

http://dogear6.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/more-challenges/

Best wishes on the Six Word Saturdays!

Toriz said...

Could do with doing that myself!

Crystal Arcand said...

I have to confess to some jealousy - can I have a transition period into the new year? It's already taken off and left me!