STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

That's What Friends Are For

Physical therapy is starting to catch up with me. My body is achy and tired from the exercises that constant target my core and my left leg. I'm hopeful that this will mean long-term improvement but in the short-term, it's tempting to complain.

Monday, I cut my usual time on the recumbent bike short because I just felt miserable. Yesterday, I was determined to last the entire workout. Thanks to the proximity of Gwen, I was able to tweet around the halfway mark that I was losing steam. This was followed immediately by a response from @cbethblog:
Power through it, Cate!! :) (My run didn't feel too great this morning. Amazing how some days are just way harder than others.)
Let's hear about Beth's run in her own words:
Wow...the race Sunday was around 70 degrees. Today? 30 degrees, 19 windchill. Imagine, if you will, a short, skinny runner with stiff, post-race legs, trying to run uphill into gusting wind without being blown away like a tumbleweed
That race on Sunday? Just a little half-marathon.

Beth's tweet was just the inspiration I needed to keep going and finish my workout. Because surely if she can run in that cold windy weather with legs tired from 13.1 miles on Sunday, there's certainly no reason that I can't finish my 80 minutes on the recumbent bike in a climate-controlled room staring at the television.

Now, if only I can get her to stand over me and crack the whip while I do my PT today... Thanks, Beth!

6 comments:

Toriz said...

You could always pretend she's there cracking the whip to get you through it? Just a thought.

C. Beth said...

What a sweet post, Cate--thanks! :) I'm glad it was motivating to you. (And I think it's awesome that you bike for 80 minutes.... My run yesterday was much shorter than that.)

widcheezondat said...

80 MINUTES!?!? That's brutal!

Whitney said...

At least you can watch tv. That's pretty awesome. :) I'm so uncoordinated, I wouldn't even be able to do that without losing focuse or killing myself. LOL.

Grand Pooba said...

I'm so tired!

21 Wits said...

OOps think I'm on the wrong comment spot! But in case this new blogger that I am doesn't get back there...I posted oh yes! On 6WS!