STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Six Word Saturday

One door closes, another one opens?

AKA the "big news" we waited and waited for fell through.  Now we wait for the next opportunity.  I'm talking about jobs, people.  Not babies.


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




24 comments:

Nikki Brown said...

I'm sorry the big news fell through.
Good luck for future opportunities!

Elaine said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for.

Anonymous said...

Glad to be back doing 6WS, the last time I was here, was to say Baby B was 5 weeks (in utero), now she's 8 1/2 months! Out of utero. Wow. I've been gone a long time. Sorry your big news fell through, but I've recently found you can never tell how big or what news might be just around the corner.

Debbie Phillips said...

Hi,
Happy Saturday.
I will be spending the day getting "snazzy" by getting the hair cut I so desperately need. That means spending the day with my hubby and Mom and a long drive... and dinner out!! :-)

Sorry about the job news... here's hoping for the future. My hubby has been unemployed almost a year... and jobs around us are more scarce then when he got laid off last year. :-(

C. Beth said...

Maybe even a better door? :)

21 Wits said...

Good morning Cate! Wow everyone got up early and posted on your happy 6WS! I thught I'd be early and I'm # 16th post! Very cool! Sorry about the job, but you know maybe something even BETTER is coming up! Have a great, happy fun filled take time to enjoy the weekend for FUN stuff! Worries and other junk that can come on blah blah Monday!

Kathy said...

I'm sorry this door closed, but I know another one will open, when the time is right. Until then...keep meditating and r-e-l-a-x. Sending best wishes and happy thoughts your way ((hugs)) Kathy

Rachel said...

I know the feeling. Hopefully something will come along for you guys soon.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the clarity! Another door will open. Keep praying and move forward.
I'm happy I made it to post this week.

Kathe W. said...

boo...sorry to hear about the job ....keep thinking positively...that's all we can do!

Jessica said...

I am sorry hun... Hopefully something will work out to your advantage soon.

(I LOL'd when you said "Not babies.")

Autumn said...

So sorry to hear the job fell through. Keep your chin up, anyone who is as awesome as you are has to have some AMAZING karma headed her way! <3

I'm Grace said...

Yes, either a door or window will open, and it will be awesome.

"Doctor" S.M., PhD in Blogging said...

I love this idea :) I'm your newest follower and newest link-up-er... that's a word, right? :)

(The Mom Adventures)

Lora said...

i think i'm having technical difficulties this morning and may have linked an extra time on last week's post :)

i'm counting on a golden door to open for you...blessings!

Lisa Maria said...

Hi

This is my first visit to your blog and my first time linking up to six word Saturday. Look like we're both waiting for a miracle. Check out the youtube video I've included though.. hope it inspires you!

Praises from a Wife and Mommy! said...

New follower! :) Come visit me at praisesofawifeandmommy.blogspot.com when you have a chance.

Linda said...

So sorry Cate...I hope something will work out soon.

People love you...and sure do enjoy SWS. Thanks so much for giving people a place to have fun on Saturdays! I am late to the party today, but trying to read and catch up on commenting.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Unknown said...

you bet another one will open.

and i bet the next window will have wine! at least it should, because it helps you to stay calm while you figure all this shit out.

<3 andrea

Toriz said...

Yes... That's how it's meant to work anyway!

Adventurous Mind said...

I'm sorry the news wasn't what you expected, but perhaps you will find it to be a blessing in disguise.

Susan in SC said...

It hurts when the door shuts. I hope a better offer comes along. Thanks for letting me play 6WS!

TMC said...

I'm sorry to hear about the news falling through. It just means there's something better. For now, be thankful for what you have. :) ♥

Janice said...

Just joined Six Word Saturday for the first time. This is fun! :D