STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day #1 of Blogging with Discipline

You can probably tell because it's so late in the day that this new daily blogging thing isn't going so well. I had planned to write last night, after I finished my second session of PT for the day. However, a freak resistance band accident meant going to bed earlier than anticipated. You know how much it hurts when you're snapped with a rubber band? Imagine a 4 ft rubber band. And it snaps you right in the forehead. You'd cry and go to bed early too!

This morning, I had my PT appointment and she feels I've improved enough to start using weight machines. That's good, right? Except since I practically knocked myself unconscious using a resistance band last night, I'm not sure how brilliant it is to let me work on heavy machinery.

So this weekend, I'll start a new routine that involves daily trips to the gym for PT and some cardio. It might help me add a bit more structure to my day. It might help with the blogging. It might result in permanent injury and/or disfigurement. Stay tuned?

9 comments:

TMC said...

poor thing.

C. Beth said...

Oh no!! Yeah, I can see how that would really hurt. :(

But hooray for being able to do weight machines!

Linda said...

Ouch! That would really hurt!

I use a resistance band when I do my walking routine with Leslie Sansone. But I am not strong enough to pull it tight enough to hurt myself!

Have a good day!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your little accident. At least you are making some progress with your back, so that is a good thing. Just ask for a spotter if you lift any free weights ok! We don't want you to have to permanently change your blog name to "Ouch, My Face."

Unknown said...

the image of this made me snort(i think this solidifies the whole "trip to hell" thing).

i'm sorry you got hurt...but it sounds like something i would do.

...you know, like opening a window and decapitating my middle finger...on my birthday;)

i love you.

happy to hear you can start at the gym again:)

a

Diane said...

For me structure and discipline go hand in hand. Hope this will help you get where you want to be. :O)

Debbi said...

ug. Those bands are too strong. What I want to know is, WHAT THE FREAK TYPE OF EXERCISING WERE YOU DOING that puts the band within face-hitting range?!?!

SOrry about your mug. :(
<3

Autumn said...

That sucks! (the being hit in the head part, not the being able to work out with machines part) though I have to admit your wording on your injury made me laugh out loud. I feel kind of guilty but not too much since I'm still laughing. (Not at your pain though!)

PS Brain Teasers were not designed to make you smack yourself in the head. Especially not with stretchy bands. :P

Toriz said...

Ouch! Yes, I'd cry and go to bed early too!

It doesn't matter what time of day you get to your post. Isn't the idea meant to be that each day you do a post in general? In other words... So, you posted late in the day... You still posted! :)