STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why I Keep This Blog

Alternate title: I have a date!

Last week's bandage post was totally about shutting down this blog. See, the more overwhelmed I am with things like classes and work, the more I start trying to figure out what I can cut out. What activities am I spending time on that I could take off my list?

I've already given up 7D7A despite my love for it. I stopped visiting EVERY 6WS post EVERY week. I've limited participation in a few other blogs to a much more infrequent level. I've even scaled back how often I post here, bit by bit.

I thought to myself - this blog is expendable. I can hang it up, at least temporarily.

But the more I thought about it, the more it freaked me out and I couldn't quite bring myself to do it.

Then yesterday, I posted about heading to San Francisco and put myself out there to meet up with someone if they're in the area. I had a response. I peed myself a little felt nervous.

And then I responded back and said, basically - yes, let's try to work something out. I don't want to be a total PITA but I'm just going to say that I'm terrified of navigating around by myself and would prefer to meet somewhere very near my hotel. Otherwise I may completely freak out with anxiety and spend the whole trip cowering under the bed.

THAT is why I keep this blog. Because here I can be honest. With all of you, I can just throw it out there and be myself. Behind this small bit of anonymity, I am much more comfortable in my own skin. And for some reason, some of you still seem to like me. Or at least accept me which is just as valuable. I've made some great friends since starting this blog 659 posts ago and I don't want to miss out on the experiences I may have during the next 659 posts.

Thank you.

So I'll keep posting when I feel the urge to do so. When I can't, I won't. And it will be okay.

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

Do it for you, Cate, in the way it works for you and it WILL be all okay.

SparkleFarkel said...

(Whoa! It took me three tries, but I think I finallly got it:)

Deep breaths, Cate, deep breaths. LoL (<--"Love out Loud") It's okay. You're okay (<-- actually, more than!). And everything's gonna be okay. Sometimes, this having "too much on one's plate" thing is so "too much on one's plate," is all. We love you morning, noon, and night, even when you can't be here morning, noon, and night. Breathers: take 'em when you need 'em!

Laughs and love,
SparkleFarkle

C. Beth said...

A date! Fun! :)

I think your attitude sounds perfect for where you are in your life right now. It's letting the blog benefit you instead of you being somehow obligated to the blog.

Unknown said...

Good for you! Take what you can change and mold it to your will. I know I will continue to read and support you if you write one post every few months or everyday. It doesn't matter to me; I just feel lucky to have gotten to know you even if in just some small way because you are awesome!

Tami said...

I love your attitude on blogging - a place to be completely yourself and people can either like you or not. It's amazing how many of us have the same fears underneath and it's great to find someone brave enough to throw them out there. Thanks for the encouragment - even if you just intended to encourage yourself.

Caty said...

well glad you decided to keep it!! :)

Mim said...

I toyed with not blogging but hated the idea (same reason -too much to do). now I post when I can and I'm as honest as I can be - and I've made so many good friends!!! keep it up Cate - you'll be OK

Toriz said...

Yep. When you want to post, great. When you don't - or can't - then that's OK. :)