STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, September 17, 2010

How do you remove a bandage?

Do you think about it for a long time? Do you consider the pros and cons of leaving the bandage on to remove another day? Do you explore all options for removing it?

Do you pull the bandage off slowly, hoping that the incremental advancement will somehow lessen the discomfort?

Or do you rip the bandage right off, quick?

I'm currently considering my options but I think I have a bandage that needs removing. Maybe I've even been picking at the edges. But I think the rip might come soon.

P.S. This isn't about an actual bandage. It's a metaphor. For a situation.

P.P.S. Eww. A bandage? Really?

P.P.P.S. Six Word Saturday tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

I would tend to rip quick because I get tired of having to think about it. Good luck with whatever resolution you choose.

Unknown said...

I like to think about it for a long time, working myself up to just get it done. Then just rip quick.

I hope that your bandage situation gets resolved. I'll be thinking about you.

Unknown said...

i tend to pick at the edges of the band-aid until all of a sudden (i don't even warn myself) i rip it off in one fierce move.

often it isn't ready to come off at that time...but whatever.

rip away, girlfriend. we have but one life to waste time on hiding our true selves.

<3

p.s. i totally just made that up. KICK. ASS.

CiCi said...

Rip it off and then rub what is left of my skin.

TMC said...

Rip. It. Off.

C. Beth said...

Hmm...I'm afraid to answer lest I be solely responsible for somehow messing up your life. ;-)

Toriz said...

When possible, I get someone else to help me remove it. Otherwise... Well, it varies. If I'm feeling particularly sensative then I'll do it slowly, struggling to cope with each little bit of pain, but unable to face it quicker. Otherwise I just do it quickly to get it over with.

And I'm not just talking about bandages either.