STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Six words, breakfast pizza, and a recipe

Who knew yesterday's six words would lead to so many questions?

Yes, breakfast pizza makes my mouth happy. And in the hopes it will make your mouth happy too, I'll share the basics of the recipe here.

You will need:

puff pastry dough
creme fraiche
cheese
toppings

Roll out the pastry dough, brush the edges with eggwash (I use Egg Beaters), poke a zillion holes in the middle of the dough so only the edges get puffy, forming a crust. Put it in an oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes. Be careful not to overcook because it's going back in.

While the dough is in the oven, get your other toppings ready. Bacon, sausage, ham, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, scrambled eggs - whatever you might use in an omelette can go on your pizza. The original recipe calls for no scrambled eggs but instead cracks a couple of eggs on top of all the other toppings. Spread creme fraiche on dough, add your toppings of choice, and apply liberal melty cheese.

Liberal amounts of melty cheese, I mean. I don't like my cheese getting all political, especially before I've had coffee. Try gouda, cheddar, feta, swiss; whatever makes you happy.

Pop it back in the oven at 350 for another 5-7 minutes. However long it takes for the cheese to melt (and for the egg to firm up if you crack a whole egg on top).

Slice and serve.

For the record, leftover pizza can also be eaten for breakfast but I just call that leftover pizza. There were some questions about that. But yesterday's words referred to the fact that I was serving brunch for some of Joe's friends and I don't usually serve cold leftover pizza to company. Though it's not a bad idea...

4 comments:

Kathe W. said...

thanks! I am gong to try this! yum,yum yum

Unknown said...

A wonderful recipe,thank you . I will try this.
Bless you for sharing this.
hugs
shakira

C. Beth said...

This sounds so good!

writing a marketing dissertation said...

I did a lot of writings such as essays, research reports, personal statements and other academic writings together with ground training connected to my studies.