STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, August 08, 2011

What a Weekend

It started out fine, went rapidly downhill, then took a slow climb back to a nice ending.

Friday night, Joe grilled up some (I'm going to ask that you use your Gordon Ramsay voice here) of the most amazing filet mignon, served alongside the most perfect with the finest quality wine for the most amazing meal of your lives. It was THAT good. Then, the wine bottle empty, we mixed a cranberry and vodka to take upstairs for movie-watching.

I had a horrible time falling asleep, then woke up insanely sick around midnight. I'll spare you the details but it was Exorcist-like. All night. Yuck. Nothing's worse than vomiting when you have a migraine - am I right, fellow migraine sufferers? At 6am, I finally crawled into bed to sleep, stomach settled (or at least empty) and migraine still raging.

At 6:30, our alarm went off. It was Annual Take Your Kitties To The Vet Day!!! Joe and I usually tag team the furries but I told him to cancel the appointment. There was no way I could handle an angry Tonya, bright lights, loud noises, the sight of the huge bill, and a migraine all at once. "I'll go by myself!" said the brave and naive Joe. I tried to talk him out of it but my energy was low (as were my verbal skills) and so my hero-husband headed out with both cats in the pouring rain.

I'll give the lowdown on the appointment tomorrow because that's kicked off a whole 'nother chain of events in our house that make it grand to be here. Also, Tonya did her OWN Exorcist impression and there was talk about putting her in a gas chamber so you won't want to miss that!

It was 1:30 before I finally crawled out of bed. We canceled our dinner reservations for the evening and finished watching the movie we had started the night before. Early to bed, late to rise, I finally woke up Sunday feeling better, though dehydrated. I STILL feel dehydrated - I can't drink enough water!

We ended the weekend with a matinee at our favorite independently-owned theatre followed by an early dinner downtown.

I'd rather not have another weekend quite like that for awhile.

P.S. No cats were harmed in the making of this weekend. Though they may have been a bit were quite pissed off.

P.S. No Cates were harmed in the making of this weekend. "I'm just fifteen one stomach flu away from my goal weight!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. What a yucky weekend. At least you finally got that nice dinner downtown in the end.

Toriz said...

That sucks! Glad the weekend at least ended on a good note.

LOL @ your "P.S." comments! :)