STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, August 05, 2011

Stripy Cats are the Best

KABOOM!!!!!!!

Stripy Cat (aka Rusty) runs inside from the porch. What the hell was that loud noise interrupting the peacefulness of my porch time?

He spots me on the floor, where I have fallen after stepping on something ouchy. He headbutts my hand and curls up next to me to purr. You okay, long-haired human? He then stays there until I pick myself up off the floor, then happily returns to his porch.

Job well done, Stripy Cat. You have earned your keep for the day.

10 comments:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

awwww....gotta love those furry family members.

Unknown said...

What a good little boy he is checking on his mama! I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly.

Unknown said...

our cats would still eat us if we died, though.

i think maybe he was double checking;)

<3 you, my fellow clumsy soul.

C. Beth said...

Aww...Stripey Sweetie. :)

21 Wits said...

Oh what a wonderful kitty-cat!

Toriz said...

I hope you weren't hurt too badly!

So sweet of him to come check on his Mommy. At least one of the cats was concerned about you! ;)

Anonymous said...

i hope you're okay! our pets do sense when we're in trouble.

vivinfrance said...

Sooooo sweet. Cats can be so huffy and independent that it's heartwarming when they show their kind side. Many years ago ur cocker spaniel was sideswiped by the milk van, and was feeling very sorry for himself. The cat - normally his sworn enemy - licked him all over and lay down beside him to comfort him.

Anonymous said...

Okay...I came here via Brenda, whom I adore. I think I got here too late for the Six Word Saturday...but I really want to do that!
I read & write. I love critters, especially cats.(Check out my blog!)
I'm a new follower, and hope you will join me too:
McGuffyAnn
McGuffy's Reader
http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

Toni said...

Awww. My Kitty used to know me so well. She knew whenever I was upset and she would come and sit with me and purr at me. I miss my Kitty.