STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Spam Sampler

Yesterday I realized that one of my blogs was not only receiving a lot of spam comments but also publishing them. Awesome. So I spent awhile cleaning them up and then installing an anti-spam plug-in. Some of them were interesting though and so I'm sharing them with you.


  • great way to start the day out (Aww, so sweet!)
  • You could be the most significant dummies on the internet. (No, I think YOU are the most significant dummies.)
  • Congratulations are in order. You’re a huge stupid man. (At least this one makes grammatical sense.)
  • I am afraid of major pink things. (I'm afraid of minor green things.)
  • I appreiate nothing at all (And nothing at all appreciates you.)
  • Never put up anymore of these things. (Wow, really? I thought I was a decent writer!)
  • Thank you for not a thing. (You're welcome for not a thing!)
  • Comprehensive Rubbish. (Hey, at least I'm thorough.)
  • Congratulations. You’re a big mindless gentleman. (Seriously, I'm a chick!)
  • In light of that episode of 60 Minutes I'll be sure Lance Armstrong is caught. (Oooh, what did Lance do?)
  • There’s no doubt that this will be one of the best things to happen of the recent years. Felicitations to the happy newlyweds and any one that doesn’t agree is a republican.  (Eww, not a republican! That IS horrible!)
  • I don’t agree with it, thanks to whoever thought of it and for showing the initiative to write it down (Yeah, I'm just full of initiative.)
  • There’s no doubt that this wedding will be one of the best things to happen of the decade. Congratulations to the happy newlyweds and any one that doesn’t agree is a stick in the mud. (Republican is a bigger insult)
  • I am over the moon about it and I think that this will be one of the greatest things to happen of the recent years. Congratulations to the happy couple and any body that doesn’t agree is a republican.  (Over the moon?  AND a republican reference? I think some republicans are FROM the moon, if that's what you're saying.)
  • Given the 60 Minutes Program I be sure Armstrong is doing the perp walk soon. (Whoa, perp walk? Must've been bad!)
  • Ever since that episode of 60 Minutes I would conclude Lance is done for. (And now he's 'done for'?  Is that a threat?)
  • Since watching the 60 Mins show I think Lance Armstrong is going down. (Lance may want to alert his  security guys.)
  • wtf you speaking about ? (If I had any idea wtf I was speaking about, I wouldn't be here.)
  • Nearly all of the remarks on this weblog don?t make sense. (No kidding.)

I hope you enjoyed your spam sampler. Next time, I'll add cheese and crackers.

P.S. I've switched my blog feed to feedburner. You shouldn't need to do anything. In the past, feedburner didn't play nice so if you notice any issues, please let me know. If it seems to be working okay, I'll look into making it more prominent. Thanks!

7 comments:

Tales of Cheerios and Sleepless Nights said...

What's with all the Lance Armstrong hate? What an odd topic to spam your posts about.

Unknown said...

How very random. Congratulations on your recent wedding by the way. Oh and whatever Lance did to you, I'm so very sorry you had to go through all that. Down with the Republicans.

21 Wits said...

Hmmm seems to me the only brainless person was the spammer, what redundant craziness! Why do some people have to rain on other's happiness....any hoo...thanks Cate for being here...and giving us SIX WORD SATURDAY! Have a great weekend and hopefully the strange spammer will be history!

John said...

Seriously, what did Lance do?

I've had a serious rise in spam comments as well - and did you hear about Band Back Together, where you can sign up & post (but it must be approved by a moderator before it actually is published)? One day, Aunt Becky ended up with like 22 spam posts.

Toriz said...

LOL!

C. Beth said...

Those are some bizarre spam comments!!

Tell me about this plug-in...?

vivinfrance said...

Were the 60 minute comments all from the same person? This whole collection is bizarre.