STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, July 08, 2011

The Siege is Over

Remember the invading house guests post on Wednesday?

They were here for less than fifteen hours, leaving behind them three loads of dirtied towels and bedding (for four people and the kids didn't even shower - and that doesn't include the load of their laundry that I somehow ended up washing for them last night) and two very traumatized cats.

Via twitter: If you tease my cat, yes, she's going to hiss at you. And possibly take a swipe at you. And I'm going to feel bad - but only for the cat.

And since I'm still working on this whole positive mindset idea, I'm going to take the advice of a very wise man rabbit. "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all" - it's a lofty goal indeed.

P.S. I was impressed with Tonya. Not only did she not hide the moment they arrived, she put up with a lot of torment without eating any faces. And I wouldn't have blamed or reprimanded her for taking a chunk or two out of someone. In fact, she might've earned a tuna treat for it.

5 comments:

Toriz said...

OMG! Sounds like an awful time! Glad they're gone now!

Kathy said...

LOL...I think all of us have had those kinds of houseguests at some point in our lives! You just have to laugh when the visit's over :)

Unknown said...

I think that Tonya earned her tuna for not leaving you alone to deal with your house guests. What a good little kitty.

C. Beth said...

Hooray, it's over!!

Maybe next time they visit, you can plan a last-minute out of town trip that just happens to coincide with their last-minute out of town visit. You could say, "Hey, don't blame me; my trip has been planned almost as long as yours!!"

Toni said...

Haha, wow, that's a lot of damage they did. (It may be possible that your extended family and my extended family are actually each other's extended family.)