STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, July 18, 2011

I Should Brush My Teeth More Often

When do you have your best ideas? Mine are undoubtedly when I brush my teeth. I've had more ideas for blog posts, stories, photos, decorations, and general mayhem when brushing my teeth than at any other time.

This morning while brushing my teeth, I was overcome with sudden inspiration for an entire approach to the book I've decided to write. Actually, it's slightly different than the book I was going to write originally so I'll save that for my second release. As soon as I finished flossing, I went downstairs and wrote the entire introduction, the start of the first chapter, and an outline for the rest of the book.

And with that, I'm off to brush my teeth again so I can start on chapter two!

7 comments:

Kiddothings said...

This is really amusing. I should try brushing my teeth more often too! :D

C. Beth said...

Whoa--that is so great! I'm excited about the book!

Unknown said...

So cool! For me it's the shower where I get most of my ideas. Keep up with the brushing!

Toriz said...

That's awesome!

I have my best ideas either while walking the dog, or first hing in the morning while sat drinking my morning cup of herbal tea (the second one only applies to when I actually sleep at night though; when I sleep at night I tend to get up at like 6:00 am - sometimes earlier, sometimes a bit later - so I end up having at least an hour - usually longer - of quiet time before hubby and the dog get up, which allows for a lot of quiet contemplation).

TMC said...

Amazing! I'm glad to see you so excited about something. :)

Linda said...

That's so great Cate! I am glad you have started your book. That is cute that you get inspired when brushing your teeth.

Is it Fiction or Non-Fiction? Can't wait to hear what it is about.

I have another blog friend who just finished her book. She is a teacher and it is about teaching gifted kids.

My daughter has written two books and we are excited that she just got a contract on her second one. It will be out in April.

Blessings,
Linda

Jodi said...

I have mine when I'm falling asleep but then I'm too tired to write them down! I always forget when I wake up!