STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Meet Lila

I've been remiss in introducing you to my new BFF. Friends, meet Lila.



Lila replaces my first smartphone, Gwen. A moment of silence for Gwen because she was a very faithful companion. I had very few issues, which I thank her for, considering Joe's Blackberry was a complete piece o' crap.

But, Lila... She's so shiny and new! Lila is a Droid2 Global. Aka: the Google phone. Know who's Google's slave? This girl! It was just meant to be. She's so much faster and easier to use. I can actually browse and go through my rss feeds in a reasonable amount of time.

Why didn't I get an iPhone? Besides the whole Google-owns-my-soul thing? I can't run amok internationally with the iPhone (at least not from Verizon - and I'm quite happy with their service). And since Joe can't sit his booty still and has also taken on some new international job duties, I don't want to be without my phone if/when we travel abroad.

Oh, and her name: Lila is in a purple case. Purple = lilacs. Lilacs = this time of year. Plus, Twitter liked Lila. Very scientific.

So, anyways, that's the biggest happy in my life right now. Maybe it seems a bit sad that I'm so excited over a phone, but I try to take my happy wherever I can find it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so pretty! Now I am totally jealous and want a new phone.

Toriz said...

Hey, consider the fact that I got all excited just because my phone had a wolf sound for a tone when I got it, and then consider the fact that yours - by the sound of it - has more cool features than mine. And what result do you get from that? Simple! You get a very valid reason/excuse for you to be so excited about your phone!

Plus, it's purple; purple is always good!

C. Beth said...

Lila is very pretty. And you know I TOTALLY understand being excited about a new phone.

soulbrush said...

don't know half of what you are talking about here, but she sure is purrrty!

Anonymous said...

I have the Thunderbolt by HTC, and I LOVE it. It is so freakin' insanely cool. I almost got the iPhone 4, but I didn't. I'm glad I decided not to. I am a big Google fan, as well, and love the multi-tasking aspect of the Androids. At first I didn't like it, but it definitely has it's advantages. I can switch from one app to another and back again, and on the iPhone, you can't do that without exiting out of the app completely and having to go all the way back in to where you were. Here's to Android and Google! :D